Non Verbal Reasoning

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

secondtime

Non Verbal Reasoning

Post by secondtime »

Has the Non Verbal test changed? Practice questions seem to suggest it is split into sections?

If they finish a section early, can they go back to previous section (if not completed). Presumably they can't go forward.

Is this new? My eldest son is in year 8 at Kings Grantham and I don't remember this?

I live in Notts so not sure who to ask!

bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

I can only tell you how the test is done in Kent and Bromley. The non verbal is split into sections and each section is timed separately. If the child finishes one particular section before the time is up, then he/she is not allowed to check the previous section or go onto the next section. In other words, the child has to keep working on one section till the time for that section finishes.
wonderwoman

Post by wonderwoman »

Hi
Since the non verbal started it has been in sections - my child in Y9 did NV in timed sections. I think you have a set time to do each section and that's it. He thinks you may have been allowed to go back and check but says there really wasn't enough time.
kitty1509

Post by kitty1509 »

From what I my daughter says, they are all set in 8min slots. Once one section is finished you are not able to go back, but this could be wrong.
Confused!

Re: Non Verbal Reasoning

Post by Confused! »

Hi, the non-verbal IS split into sections and each section is timed.
If your child finishes a section early they CANNOT go onto the next section. Likewise they cannot go back to a previous section.
It's a shame really as the questions tend to get harder as the test progresses and both my children finished the first few sections with time left but had to rush the last few.
HTH. :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now