Should you really be here?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mike1880

Should you really be here?

Post by mike1880 »

I was catching up on last week's episodes of the Radio 4 "Vote Now" show this morning while ploughing through a boring document and they mentioned an online sample exam for the UK Citizenship test. I spent a lunchtime teleconference productively Googling and here it is:

http://www.ukcitizenshiptest.co.uk

The suggested pass mark is around 75%; I failed dismally but luckily (a) they need my vote this month and (b) there aren't any flights out for them to put me on.

Go on and try it - there'll never be a better time to prove you're not fit to be a citizen!

Mike
Floss

Post by Floss »

HI Mike

Failed also, only got 46% :shock:
muffinmonster

Post by muffinmonster »

Well, after 26 years in the UK I still managed to fail, though only just - 71%. In my favour, I did the test in under 3 minutes instead of the recommended 45 mins, so maybe if I'd thought a bit harder I'd have passed. Or maybe another couple of years will make the difference.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

You just need to cram it Mike :wink:

Did that a few years ago and I completed it in less than 10mins and passed. Dont know what score I got but must have got one or two wrong. Spend a day or two cramming what accent they speak in London, how many single parents are in this country, how to register to get a GP and the house buying or renting process. And then learning about claiming Benefits argrrrrr. Goodness me I felt like a mockery to my intelligence and wonder why they ask you all that after living here for 5+ years. It just makes sense to do it before or just after arriving. We were about 15 when we took the test and all did it in under 30mins. The only guy who failed thought the world belonged to him and had his trousers waist near his knees pacing up and down looking at everyone as if we were some sort of eskimos.
Impossible is Nothing.
inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

I got 63% in 6 minutes, so am quite happy to be removed from the country......................to Spain perhaps, or somewhere equally nice and sunny. Have to go by ferry though. :D

Thought many questions didn't actually make much sense, but if one used the 45 minutes and had access to the internet at the same time, one could find out how many under 16s there are in the country!
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Er....38% :oops:
inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

Oh dear, Tipsy, that's you for the wooden spoon at the moment! :wink:
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Yay...I got 50% - they can't throw me out, can they ? :lol:
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

I managed 51% - but I dispute the answer about the hospital, you CAN visit a hospital other than in an emergency, we attend regularly for outpatients, so really I should have had more points :lol: :lol: :lol:

Really, if these are the questions they're asking I wonder which idiot thought them up?
moved

Post by moved »

63% - I'm nearly allowed to live here. Jolly good job I don't hold a responsible position and am only educating the youth of today.