Travel to Skinners Grammar from Cranbrook

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
zvrk

Travel to Skinners Grammar from Cranbrook

Post by zvrk »

Is it possible or just too difficult (no direct trains that is ) :( ?
kentsussexborder

Post by kentsussexborder »

No direct trains - you would need to change at Tonbridge and transfer to the Hastings line to Tunbridge Wells. It's then a walk of about 15 minutes to Skinners.
zvrk

Post by zvrk »

Thanks,liked the school (internet, brochure,have not visited) but the journey is a killer, not something I want to make my barely 11 year old do (not yet,2 years time though).
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

Might be wrong but I believe you can catch the bus from the roundabout( Wisley Pound I think it is called) along with all the children from TGS etc - drops off at Skinners and collects. Easy journey and cheap as you pay £50 for the year. Know a few from Skinners that do this. Not a problem.
zvrk

Post by zvrk »

neurotic kent mum wrote:Might be wrong but I believe you can catch the bus from the roundabout( Wisley Pound I think it is called) along with all the children from TGS etc - drops off at Skinners and collects. Easy journey and cheap as you pay £50 for the year. Know a few from Skinners that do this. Not a problem.
Sounds better, but where do I find about the bus number, times, etc...
neurotic kent mum

I will try and find out more. But hopefully someone else will let you know before. I know the bus pass is approx £50 as my dc can have this but our location is such that the train is easier. I believe the bus leaves around 715 and gets in around 445. But I do not know exactly.
doodles

Post by doodles »

If you go onto KCC website and look at school travel - there is a journey planner. Also if you google travel to ... from ..... then it comes up with a bus website - I think it is Arriva.

Edit: It is Arriva and is route 267. From Cranbrook to Skinners.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
neurotic kent mum

Thank you Doodles.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now