Maths dropped from Slough Grammar School Tests

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
blackbox31

Maths dropped from Slough Grammar School Tests

Post by blackbox31 »

Just checked the Slough Grammar website and it looks like they have dropped the maths paper this year , to be in line with HG & LG.

They have also offering 145 places for 2011 , where the first 85 places are for highest marks achieved , and the other 60 are closest proxmity to school
chad

Post by chad »

Thanks for the tip off........you were quick..... they were not up there on Friday when I looked!!!!!

Not really a surprise.....I wondered how long they would hold out with the Maths paper..... it is a shame tho' as IMO some (more maths/ science orientated) children are disadvantaged without the 'Maths' part of the exam.
Personally I also think that this might have had some input from the new head.....as Mrs Lenton is leaving at the end of the school year.

Both SGS and Langley have admitted 145 in the last few years (I believe that was the admission number in 2006) Herschel has been 120.

The 'proximity' criteria is the same as that introduced by Herschel last year. Slough Borough Council have been pushing this for the last two years (you can see references to it on the website in the minutes of the 'Admisssions Forum' committee).
Langley haven't put up their admissions policy yet..... it may also contain the 'proximity' criteria.
overpeck

Post by overpeck »

Do the 60 close applicants have to pass the exam?
blackbox31

Post by blackbox31 »

OF Course !! - Is is a Grammar school and the pass mark is 111 or over
stresshead

Post by stresshead »

So does this mean that now kids will only have to sit one 11 plus exam if applying to Herschel, Langley Grammar and Slough Grammar
chad

Post by chad »

Not sure..... it looks as if the new head at SGs is trying to come back in line with the consortium... but as the exam details have not been published we cannot say for certain.
muvvalac

Post by muvvalac »

stresshead wrote:So does this mean that now kids will only have to sit one 11 plus exam if applying to Herschel, Langley Grammar and Slough Grammar
no it will be separate exam for slough grammar and separate for slough consortium atleast for 2011 entries
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now