email results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Grover

email results

Post by Grover »

My daughter hopes to take the exams in November. I went on to the CSSE website and saw something about receiving results by email. This option is new to me as it was not available when my older daughter took her exams 6 years ago. Is this facility available for completing applications in September?
KB

Post by KB »

Yes it is but it is not very reliable - the emails have been known to take several days to arrive!
But if you register with the LEA online rather than on paper you will be able to log on on results day & see which school you have been allocated. This is available from mid-night on results day & although the system can 'go down' for shortish periods of time it is the quickest way to find out the most critical information asap.
Most people do get the email with the actual test scores in the evening but there can be a delay - we got ours 2 days after results day!
GibsonES335

Post by GibsonES335 »

I am yet to receive an email from Essex although I did receive the raw results from CSSE in the evening. The raw data on it's own is not very helpful if your child's results appear marginal.

I logged back on to the Essex website and if you go back to the original application section, there is an allocation link. This told us what school DS had been offered.

Of course you have to have made your original application to Essex online to be able to do this.............and remember all of your login details, which I did not find until around 1am!!

Do yourself a favour and put them somewhere you will be able to find them in a stressed situation!
moved

Post by moved »

Are you in Southend or Essex? Southend only email. No site to log onto.
marigold

Post by marigold »

We also have yet to receive the email from Essex council and am so glad we were able to log on at midnight. I would highly recommend the email option if it is possible.

There were several posters at this time in Essex and in other areas, all in a total panic as they had forgotten their passwords/user names. I would recommend that when you apply you write all the details on a sticker and attach it to your computer, all ready for March. This may be a little obsessive but the 11 plus does very strange things to one.

I and I bet a huge number of others, checked the council site many times in the week before the results came out, just in case someone had posted the info early by mistake, so had it all bookmarked and available at very shaky touch of a button when the time came.
GibsonES335

Post by GibsonES335 »

moved wrote:Are you in Southend or Essex? Southend only email. No site to log onto.
Essex. Who knows with all the forthcoming public expenditure cuts, could we have 1 authority covering all of Essex in the future?

No opinion, just saying.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now