Am I the only one who is very inquisitive and nosey?!!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

bromley mum

Am I the only one who is very inquisitive and nosey?!!

Post by bromley mum »

I can't help but wonder what the message is when someone posts that they have sent someone else a PM. In some cases you can understand from the topic under discussion what the PM may be about (for eg Appeals section). But I would love to be able to be a fly on the screen if its a PM in the Everything Else, Rehab etc section. Please, please tell me I'm not the only one :oops: :oops:
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Usually about schools! :roll: :oops:

....or Mr Darcy! :D
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Maybe a teeny tiny bit guilty of this too. :lol:
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

What? Talking about Mr Darcy or being nosey? :lol:
KS10

Post by KS10 »

When I pm it's usually because
a) I'm doing something illegal :D
b) I'm giving my viewpoint (which may or may not be acceptable - still haven't read etiquette stuff properly) and also suggesting that they ask someone else on the Forum but not sure if it's ok to publicly suggest this

Think that's it for now.

Oh yes, and when people pm DC's scores I really want to know. :oops: I deliberately didn't ask for DS's scores even though I was (and still am) extremely curious - didn't want to be doing the comparison thing with DD.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Because I am a bit paranoid I always assume that when I post something a bit controversial, someone will pm someone else to moan about me. :oops:
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Amber wrote:Because I am a bit paranoid I always assume that when I post something a bit controversial, someone will pm someone else to moan about me. :oops:
That is paranoid :lol: Mostly I think pms are used when people just want to add extra info and don't want to post at length on the main forum.I have received a fair few from parents looking to send their children to the school mine go to.
And then of course there are always Colin Firth pms and people admitting that they are in love with David Cameron type pms.
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Chelmsford mum wrote:And then of course there are always Colin Firth pms and people admitting that they are in love with David Cameron type pms.
Puts thinking cap on....I wonder who you mean??? :lol:
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Amber wrote:Because I am a bit paranoid I always assume that when I post something a bit controversial, someone will pm someone else to moan about me. :oops:
We do! :lol:

Sorry Amber but bromley mum I have a pm for you.
Amber

Post by Amber »

aaaagh!