general info please!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sparkle

general info please!

Post by sparkle »

Hi all,

I am a tutor in Kent so am v familiar with the 11 plus in my area. I have been asked to advise a parent who loves in Caterham, Surrey. Can you let me know if the 11 plus is multiple choice and how many VR types they do, 21 or 15?

DOes the 11 plus consist of VR, NVR, Maths and English writing task in Surrey?

Many thanks for your help.
2outof3

Post by 2outof3 »

It completely depends on which school they are thinking of applying to. :?

Tiffin boys and Tiffin Girls use the same test (multichoice VR and NVR) as does Nonsuch (i.e. its VR and NVR but its a different test from the Tiffin one!). The two Wallington schools do something different as does Wilsons and Sutton Grammar.

They really need to tell you which of the schools they are thinking of. See Stickies for further info. on some of them
Plum

Post by Plum »

Hi

As 2/3 said, it all depends on the school as each school in LB of Sutton does it differently plus there are the independents, if your friend is considering them as well. I suggest you find out which schools they intend to sit their DC for then look at the school website.

One thing you may not be aware of is that Sutton Grammar's PTA run mock exams for both boys and girls. It's good experience for the children and these can be booked via the school's website.

Good luck
Plum
sparkle

Post by sparkle »

Thank you so much for your advice, sounds more complicated than Kent! Will find out which school they are aiming for and go from there.
sparkle

Post by sparkle »

The school the child is aiming for is Wilsons Grammar School, Wallington.
Any help much appreciated.
Shaftsbury1

Post by Shaftsbury1 »

Hello sparkle,

I think the Wilson's test is English,Maths and Vr.I think they are all set by the school and are not multi choice.(i will check old posts to confirm!)

Wilsons is said to be one of the toughest in the area and i would suggest your friends putting their ds down for Wallington County Grammar as well which would be a good back-up.

Also the Sutton Grammar pta does mock tests which is also good for experience.
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

Yes-maths, English-essay (with choice of titles) & comprehension and verbal reasoning. Not multiple choice. Own test.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now