What time will you vote?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
T.i.p.s.y

What time will you vote?

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

So I have to drop DS at school at 7:15am tomorrow so I'll be putting my little cross on the ballot paper by 7:45am. This is unusually organised for me!
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

About the same time ...you are very active in your postings tonight.No doubt getting all excited....... :roll:
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Are you feeling rather sad then CM.

I am feeling pretty excited and my vote is around 8:30am :D
Impossible is Nothing.
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

sherry_d wrote:Are you feeling rather sad then CM.
Yep... but democracy is democracy and the people will speak.I hope the new government won't be bad as I fear.... :(

Gnite all :D
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

I won't be able to get to the polling station tilll after 5.00 pm. I will be soaking in culture at Tate Britain (school trip, going along as parental help is needed). We won't get back till atleast 5.00. Maybe I should then check here and see if people have posted anything and then decide how to vote. :wink:
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

I wasn't going to vote today - this is a strong LibDem constituency and has been for a considerable number of years, it would take an awful lot to oust them I think.

However, my dd has taken a strong interest in the election this year, right down to reading every flyer shoved through the door :shock: so I have decided to vote this evening and take her along with me so she can get a real feel for it and see how the process works.

I really don't think for one second that my vote will change the LibDem hold on this town, but having said that, I'm more than happy with the way things are here - it's just their national policies I don't like!!
suncrest

Post by suncrest »

Snowdrops wrote:I wasn't going to vote today
I know its an obvious thing to say but women did die so that we could have the right to vote.........

Whilst I always find it hard to decide I always make sure I vote. I too will be taking the children with me to see the whole process as they too are very interested in what is going on.
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

It is important to vote because I believe that there may be a backlash about the popular vote not being counted if Lab get in again. We may not be able to do anything about it this time but eventually these votes cannot be ignored. I don't understand the voting system but I looked at the 2005 map and it was virtually blue but yet Lab are in power and I read (somewhere) that 1/3 of the country voted Lib Dem and yet they have very few seats. That can't be right. :?
Loopyloulou

Post by Loopyloulou »

deleted
Last edited by Loopyloulou on Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loopy
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

LLL, I thought you were from the "huntin, fishin, shootin" set! :shock:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now