Waiting list CRGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

darkane

Waiting list CRGS

Post by darkane »

Could people post waiting list information. We are quite a way out - 28th on 8 March and it doesn't seem to be moving so in desperation we have asked to go on list for Westcliff which our ds would very comfortably have got into had it been on his form in the first place. I understand that there has been some movement at KEGS though but our place doesn't seem to be moving much for CRGS. :cry:
maymum

Re: Waiting list CRGS

Post by maymum »

darkane wrote:Could people post waiting list information. We are quite a way out - 28th on 8 March and it doesn't seem to be moving so in desperation we have asked to go on list for Westcliff which our ds would very comfortably have got into had it been on his form in the first place. I understand that there has been some movement at KEGS though but our place doesn't seem to be moving much for CRGS. :cry:
:( :( I have commented on this on the other thread...... :cry: you coild be pushing those already on waiting list down who put school down as a preference.....
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

From another thread re CSSE email, it seems the CRGS list has started to move - at least as far as the third place.
kirsty@home

Post by kirsty@home »

First-timer wrote:From another thread re CSSE email, it seems the CRGS list has started to move - at least as far as the third place.
Hi First timer, Hang in there, I have just heard from my DS that a boy in his class has moved from 10th to 6th place at CRGS in the last couple of weeks, so there is hope. I wish you well and keep your hopes high :)
dutchy005

Post by dutchy005 »

As of Wednesday afternoon the list had moved 4 places and ECC were bang up to date with rejections and offer letters.
darkane

Post by darkane »

A boy at my ds's school just got offered place at KEGS and he was 9th on list or 186th according to his mum. Any news on any of the other boys school waiting lists?
darkane

Post by darkane »

Does anyone know how much this moved in the end?

We settled for a place at WHSB but will definitely move DS in year 9, will go for Year 9 entry to CRGS or if that fails will tranfer him to an Indie. I understand that quite a few do leave WHSB in year 9 and go into independent sector and would be interested to hear of anyone who has made this move and how it went.

Unfortunately it was obviously very early on that DS had no chance at all of place at CRGS but it will give us an idea of how far off he was if we know how much the list moved. Also, do you know what the drop out rate is. The feedback we get from other parents in his Chelmford Prepl is that KEGS has one or two who leave every year and WHSB about 4 by end of year 7 but we can't find any feedback at all on CRGS. It seems really unfair that the waiting lists for KEGS and WHSB have moved by a huge amount and as far as we can tell CRGS hardly at all! Does this also follow for numbers leaving?
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

I do not have any information on previous years but last septembers intake at CRGS the WL moved about 7 places prior to the start of term. The current year seven is full, my DS says no-one has left and the class lists we have been given for next year (8) still contain 96 boys.

Re. this years waiting list I do not know but according to the appeals forum there has been 1 successful appeal to CRGS so if another place comes up now presumably it will not be offered?!
onlyme

Post by onlyme »

[quote="darkane"]

'We settled for a place at WHSB but will definitely move DS in year 9, will go for Year 9 entry to CRGS or if that fails will tranfer him to an Indie. I understand that quite a few do leave WHSB in year 9 and go into independent sector and would be interested to hear of anyone who has made this move and how it went.'

This situation so sad...
Your son did not secure a place at CRGS so you added him to the waiting list at WHSB & have accepted a place there even though you do not want your son to go there.
Regretably, in Yr 9 you intend to transfer your son either CRGS or an Inde which, IMHO, is likely to disrupt & unsettle your son as well as ruin the place at WHSB for a boy who desperately wanted it.
Considering all of the above why have you not elected go to an Inde now Darkane?
You plans appear so confusing & I do feel sorry for you & your son as well as the unwanted WHSB place :?
maymum

Post by maymum »

Yes this is totally OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!
My DS is desperate to go to WHSB and is currently no1 on the waiting list. Its people like you who make me mad!!!!!! you dont want the place, you did not put it down as a preference then add yourself to this 'waiting list' jumping in front of others who do want a place, now you claim you do not intend to keep your DS at WHSB, if you are going to do this you should start him at Indie now and free up a place to somebody who really wants it, you are clearly stopping my DS from gaining a place..................you make me sick!!!!! not to mention your poor DS being moved from one school to another in Y9 !!!!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now