Anyone heard from St Olave's yet?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mosemant

Anyone heard from St Olave's yet?

Post by mosemant »

I thought they said we would hear next at the beginning of May?
paradoxical

Post by paradoxical »

I rang the admissions lady yesterday and she said that the induction pack will be going out towards the end of May. If you go onto the school website and then click on the induction section you get the impression that the induction packs have already been sent out (hence I rang to find out why I have not yet recieved one), but in fact the packs will be sent out at a later date. I assume that this is what you were referring to?
mosemant

Post by mosemant »

yes it is. I have read the induction stuff on the net but would feel reassured to hear from them again just in case there was some horrible mix up where my son's place was not confirmed (even tho I did personally give it in!). I looked on the original offer letter and it does say beginning of may. Thanks for the info from admissions.
long and winding road

Post by long and winding road »

I've been waiting for the envelope to arrive too! Offer letter does say after 1st May - was also getting worried that there had been a mistake! Guess we have to be patient!
paradoxical

Post by paradoxical »

Just to let all those anxious parents know, St Olaves have sent out the induction packs- we received our pack today. So if you do not recieve your pack pretty soon I would perhaps phone the school- you can never entirely rely on the post!
long and winding road

Post by long and winding road »

Ours came this morning too!! Yippee we're official!
newgal

Post by newgal »

Gosh - think I am going to need a second mortgage for uniform alone! :lol:
mosemant

Post by mosemant »

yay, got ours too!

Was slightly miffed and bemused that they ask for the occupation and email address of the father and not the mother as well! Is that because we are all at home baking cakes all day and unable to use a computer, lol!
nissi

Re: Anyone heard from St Olave's yet?

Post by nissi »

I guess it does Mosemant! Doing blueberry muffins this evening :P
Did anyone attend the uniform fitting yesterday? 2 1/2 hours and still no blazer or trousers, have to visit the school shop to pick them up when order comes in....Grr..