Wow - I DID Make a Difference!!!!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Snowdrops

Wow - I DID Make a Difference!!!!

Post by Snowdrops »

After umming and ahhing yesterday over wether or not to vote, because where I live is such a strong LibDem vote, and then eventually deciding to so my dd could see the whole process. I have logged on this morning to find I now live in a Conservative constituency!!!! Who'd have thought it!

:shock: :shock: :shock: but very :D :D :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's just hope the rest of the results are as good overall - none of this 5.2% swing - we need 8%!!!!! [/b]
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Its not looking too good nationally SD :cry:
I am shattered and a bit down, still delighted the Tories have won but severly pissed that Gordon Brown is trying to hold on to power. Just absurd. :evil:
Impossible is Nothing.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

What gets me though, is the majority of the country obviously voted for Conservatives, yet the losers can band together and run the country - it can't be right!!!!!

It smacks of bully boy tactics - pushing aside the wishes of the majority 'cos they've got a gang going :shock: :(

I just hope if it's hung that David does a deal and shows this country how badly it's been run!
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

It ain't over till the fat lady sings> Its the Constitution that if one party does not have the majority the sitting PM has the right to try and form a govt. If Tories wanted Brown out they did not do enoughl
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

If Scotland's results were not counted - as they should not be - then Labour would be on it's knees. England wants a Tory government!
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Labour on life support, now trying to claim constitutional rights. How far can they go? I say Labour RIP decently than try to make all the noise.

Right now I am feeling sick watching Mendelson and all the labour muppets hanging on consitutional rights. I am seriously peed off.

I am so sad Ed Balls didnt lose his seat, one person I would have been happy to see the back of and with his wife Yvette, they are there grinning.

Yummy that Jacqu Smith, Lempit Opik and Nikki Griffin have lost miserably :D
Impossible is Nothing.
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

After 13 years of Labour David Cameron was unable to rise to the challenge and defeat the incumbents once and for all. Just shows you that the people think that change may be needed, but not THAT sort of change.
Brown is quite within his rights to stay as long as he can form a government, so we just have to wait and see. A minority Conservative government would be absolutely awful :shock:
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Looking for help wrote:After 13 years of Labour David Cameron was unable to rise to the challenge and defeat the incumbents once and for all. Just shows you that the people think that change may be needed, but not THAT sort of change.
Brown is quite within his rights to stay as long as he can form a government, so we just have to wait and see. A minority Conservative government would be absolutely awful :shock:
So the two parties that have lost seats form a government? Very democratic! :?

As I said, Scotland wanted their own government so don't vote in the general election. The tories would have had an outright majority if it wasn't for Scotland's votes. :x
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Scotland wanted a devolved parliament, not independence, Tipsy, same as Wales and NI, that does not mean they cannot vote for the British Parliament. Lets not forget that during the 80s /early 90s there were very few if not no Tory MPs, and yet a Tory government. And also I think Wales has done quite well for the Tories this morning .....
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

The point is nobody has won, Cameron has failed to secure the majority. With an unwritten constitution it is all about interpretation. Cameron could try to seize power (earlier this week he made some noise in that direction) but traditionally the incumbent gets the first shot.

I bet the Queen is losing sleep over the potential constitutional difficulties ahead.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now