ashlawn or guilsborough?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

autumnleaves

ashlawn or guilsborough?

Post by autumnleaves »

I've been offered a place at Ashlawn for my daughter. She already has a place with Guilsborough and looking at the league tables Guilsborough appears to be the better option. Am I right? Or would the grammar tier at Ashlawn be better given that the league tables give the results for the school overall rather than the grammar stream?

Does anyone know?
guest201

Post by guest201 »

I dont know much about Guilsborough, as you say the league tables reflect the results of Ashlawn overall and do not distinguish between grammar stream and comprehensive. Also bear in mind that there are quite a few Rugby children who put Ashlawn grammar above the other two single sex grammars as they prefer the mixed aspect. If your daughter has been offered the grammar stream at Ashlawn i think you should give it some good consideration
saram

Post by saram »

Guilsborough is a good school and is getting better year on year it would appear. Its results are particularly good bearing in mind that it will have lost some of its potential top achieving pupils to the Rugby grammars and the Northampton schools. I guess the other thing to bear in mind is location - if you're in Northants you'll get free transport to Guilsborough, but I'm not sure whether there are any school buses that go to Ashlawn (unlike the other Grammars), and you would have to pay for it. Perhaps you could ask to go and visit both of them - it might just clarify things for you. Good Luck!
fed up

Post by fed up »

I'd heard they are both good schools with comparable results. I'm sure either will give your daughter a good education.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now