Buss Pass Information

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Midget Man

Buss Pass Information

Post by Midget Man »

Bus Pass information, when should I receive it? We received news of being allocated place at AGS Mid April but as of yet have not received any information on travel arrangement's. I confirmed place acceptance via email to Bucks CC and also by recorded delivery of the paper acceptance so that side of it should be okay? Although I have not received anything back from Bucks CC to acknowledge our acceptance :?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Not sure in your area. I know round here that parents have to contact the company who run the buses themselves..
MrsChubbs

Post by MrsChubbs »

Hi Midget Man
I got notification from admissions and transport by the end of April having heard in March about my DS school. So you should be hearing by the end of this month. Did you get an info sheet with your letter about your school (usually a yellow sheet)? It has lots of info in there about transport, frequently asked questions etc and contact numbers if you want to know more. I know you are in catchment but are you more than 3 miles away cos if you aren't Midget man jr will have to make his own way in.
Hope this helps.
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Yes we are over 3 miles away so Midget will be eligible for transport. I don't recall getting anything other than the letter from Bucks to state he had been offered a place at AGS :?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Just call the School Transport Team to check that you haven't missed anything: 01296 383250

S-A
dejavu

Post by dejavu »

Hi MM

Don't think we got anything until July/August in the summer holidays, although before that we had to send a pic of DS. Do as Brill (Trill) Sally-Anne says and give them a ring just to make sure you have not slipped through the net. But you have plenty of time yet. Hope you have found a blazer for him - and just sew on the school badge. You can re-use the badge - but it is amazing how quickly they get through the blazers1
many thanks
dejavu
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Thanks everyone and I will of course follow Sally-Anne's advice and ring on Monday, if nothing than to just put my mind at rest :D

Sadly he is only 26" chest and 134cm tall and their smallest blazer is 31" so will have no choice than to shop elsewhere. Here's hoping he's not the only boy with a patch sewn on rathern than AGS one's with the badge sewn in :cry:
dejavu

Post by dejavu »

Don't worry MM - DS who is now in year 10- said that in year 7 and 8 everyone had a mixture of school blazers - and Midglet wouldn't be out of place at all. On the down side - they mainly do rugby, athletics, cricket, squash, volley ball and basketball - and hockey takes a back seat - although they do hockey club at lunchtime, and the older hockey team is outstanding and has had some fantastic scores at county level etc(although a lot of them are now six-formers so will be leaving soon - so room for new blood).
many thanks
dejavu
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Knew there was something I meant to ask you Dejavu :lol: Do they allow yr7 to take part in the lunchtime hockey and from what yr do they do it competetively against school's? Also Midget say's are they still running dodgeball or has it stopped now? :D
Morning Glory

Post by Morning Glory »

We didn't get the form for applying for a bus pass in our pack which we received after March allocations. I knew a couple of other boys at DS's school had got them, so I emailed and requested one. We are not quite 3 miles away but route to school is not suitable for walking as at one point children would have to walk into the road to walk round a gate.

My DS is tiny too and am sure everything will drown him.

MG
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now