SATS BOYCOT INFO

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
vampire6

SATS BOYCOT INFO

Post by vampire6 »

Hi. My daughter is taking her KS2 sats today (Bucks area), some local schools are boycotting them. Does this mean the schools who aren't doing them now will do them at a later date and will they take exactly the same paper or do them have a different paper. It seems unfair to have an advange if they have the same exams paper, plus they have more revision time.

:?
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

i think it means they wont do them at all :)
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

My daughters school are boycotting them. Totally. They won't be doing them later. The children are sitting exams this week, but they are internal exams, marked by the teacher and are only for the school to record their progress.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10100;430/st/20100902/e/DD+Starts+Senior+School/dt/5/k/bbdb/event.png[/img]
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

According to the news some schools have chosen to sit last years papers rather than this years so that they can still give results to the parents but not have them included in any league table.

However as anyone who wants to can download last years papers from the internet presumably several of the children will have seen them before - potentially some abnormally high scores I think!
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

My daughter's school (an Indie) is doing the SATS. Her friend's state school is not!!
Fluffy66

Post by Fluffy66 »

In my imediate area i have heard of a school doing this years papers informally in June.

Not sure if thats possible i.e can the school obtain the papers if not actually doing them in SATs week.
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

Minesatea wrote:According to the news some schools have chosen to sit last years papers rather than this years so that they can still give results to the parents but not have them included in any league table.

However as anyone who wants to can download last years papers from the internet presumably several of the children will have seen them before - potentially some abnormally high scores I think!
Glad DS is not doing that, he sat the 2009 papers in preperation for these ones and already scored high level 5's! I feel that would have been cheating to get them to re sit the same test. His school are doing them 'officially' so he told me this morning, was not impressed and last week asked me if I could vote for the party who would abolish testing, but he wasn't sure which one it was :lol:
Plum

Post by Plum »

DS's school is doing them. They said it would be unfair to cancel now after all the hard work the children have put in. DS said that he was more than happy to have them cancelled and that all his friends felt the same! :roll: :roll: :roll: Funny that!
KS10

Post by KS10 »

DS's school is going ahead with them too :( so what's he doing this week? Playing in 2 cricket matches and taking part in some athletic trials, that's what! :D The downside is that next year it will be a shock to his system when he realises that he will actually have to revise for exams and that we won't be so relaxed about it all. Have we shot ourselves in the foot?
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Midget has been playing cricket too :lol: They'll soon get into the swing of it in secondary school, I would much rather see them relaxing for a few month's now, particularly when it's been non stop sat mock's for the past 4-5 months :evil:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now