Hold another election?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Should there be another election if an unelected Labour PM is in charge?

Yes
56%
No
44%

Total votes: 36

T.i.p.s.y

Hold another election?

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Party persuasions aside, if Labour form a coalition we will have another unelected PM. Should there be another election? As it is, if there is one, I think Labour will get in but I would rather that happen on merit than an unelected PM. Where are the people in all this?

So answer without thinking party politics. The politicians are quoting a fair society but are they being fair to society by excluding them from this decision?
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

I don't get the unelected PM argument.
:? I voted in my constituency for a party and their policies.That is the system we have.This isn't the U.S. In our country, parties choose their leaders.
You didn't vote for DC - you voted for the Conservatives.If DC becomes PM but resigns or, God forbid, dies, they would pick a new leader...not you.
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

What would you say if the shoe was on the other foot, and it was DC who had to resign to force a deal with the Lib Dems? Would you say that there would have to be another election ? :wink:

I'm with CM (again I hear you say) , it is not a republic and we vote for the party, and that party picks its leader, maybe not usually that way round but nevertheless, it is up to them :lol:
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

I am feeling sick right now that Gordon will be in power until September when he is clearly a stumbling block in this country. Then to think that a party that won 57 seats seats is holding this country at ranson and the two parties that lost can actually form a government. I dont see why Britain should ever tell any country about democracy :cry:

I really feel like the conservatives should just let those two losers form government and we see what happens. What a mockery to the word democracy when this will be the most undemocratic government, much worse than my home country Zimbabwe. Dictators find a loophole in the law and hang on to it and its exactly how labour and Brown are behaving touting that its OK under the consitution. Thats what people like Mugabe do, lose elections and use constitution to stay in power :evil:

I thought I had escaped from one undemocratic regime and now I am in another. Where do I go next?????????? :cry:
Impossible is Nothing.
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

I thought I had escaped from one undemocratic regime and now I am in another. Where do I go next??????????
Get a grip on reality. :lol:

No one party won a majority so we have to go through a process of negotiation. if that fails then General Election 2010 II. :)

When I last checked the Sun and Moon were still in the sky. :wink:

steve
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

ho ho - in this household any organisation or country with the word democratic in its title is automatically considered to be a totalitarian regime.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

stevew61 wrote:When I last checked the Sun and Moon were still in the sky. :wink:
Thats seems like a more serene place to live in, now I have to find a way of getting there. :D
Impossible is Nothing.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

stevew61 wrote:
I thought I had escaped from one undemocratic regime and now I am in another. Where do I go next??????????
Get a grip on reality. :lol:

No one party won a majority so we have to go through a process of negotiation. if that fails then General Election 2010 II. :)

When I last checked the Sun and Moon were still in the sky. :wink:

steve
quite right - I seem to remember 1975 still happened after 2 elections in 1974.... no twitter , no wall to wall news, no mobiles no texts...
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

OH may have a job to go to in Geneva - see ya!
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

T.i.p.s.y wrote:OH may have a job to go to in Geneva - see ya!
What is the education system like in Switzerland Tipsy ? :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now