2010 sats time table

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
vampire6

2010 sats time table

Post by vampire6 »

Does anyone know which exams subjets are being taken this week (Bucks area). My daughter's school won't tell us. I see from the web some schools have a variation.

:?
wonderwoman

Post by wonderwoman »

If they are following the official timetable - writing tomorrow, mental maths and first maths Wed and last maths Thurs
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Midget had his reading comprehension today, has short and long writing and spelling's tomorrow, Maths A on Wednesday and Maths B paper and mental on Thursday.
vampire6

no sicence

Post by vampire6 »

I was surprised that there was no sicence exam. We've been revising that like mad. My daughter had been ill last week, but the school didn't tell us anything. Anyway hopefully she's learnt something for the future.

Also, my daughter told me her teacher was telling some of the kids (in the English test yesterday) to check some of the points/answers that were incorrectly written. I was quite surprised!

:?
Moving on

Post by Moving on »

If timetable nationwide : Mon - Reading (comprehension), Tues - Long writing, Short writing and Spelling, Wed - Maths test A and Mental maths, Thurs - Maths Test B, Fri - Science Test A and Test B.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

There are no science tests. Actually, perhaps there are single level science tests?? Anyone know?
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Our school announced at the beginning of the year there were to be no science Sats this year, I assumed this was to be applied to all school's :?: :oops:
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

KS2 Science test officially scrapped after last year. I just don't know much about the single level tests.
Moving on

Post by Moving on »

My DD's school is doing Science tests. Officially there are no Science SATs, just English and Maths. As a result, the Science tests will be marked internally by the school and the other tests will be marked externally.
A Mum

Post by A Mum »

Our school is following the same time table as Moving on has indicated above. In a letter from the HT he explains that science tests are no longer taken as part of the SATs in general but the Government has asked a number of schools to take the Science tests to enable them to make some sort of assesment but neither the school or the pupils will receive results for these tests!