Science SATS

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Amber

Science SATS

Post by Amber »

DS1 is most unimpressed that his school is one of the 1000 chosen to take the Science SATS tomorrow. The results will not be sent back to the school on an individual basis and are not for sharing with OFSTED, but are merely to give the (old) government an idea of Science achievement in Year 6. WIth no preparation and just a lovely experiment-based curriculum, of course, the results will be perceived to have fallen.

But isn't this what SATS were meant to be in the first place?

Still, telling that to an 11 year old who thought he was going to spend tomorrow playing and now has to sit 2 45 minute Science papers would not be easy.

Anyone else doing them?
rosered100

Post by rosered100 »

Yes, we're doing them. I didnt know there were 2 papers though :( Luckily it's DS's favourite subject.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Daughter's school doing science tests tomorrow but just as internal assessment for teacher's benefit.
Daughter, who adores school, SO switched off at the moment and feeling very ready to move on.
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

My Midget actually would have really enjoyed doing a science SATs, would make a nice change from what they have been put through the past few month's. Oh well, hopefully now they will actually be able to enjoy learning some new thing's now this pressure is off!
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Love your little graphic/animated thing...but do miss the care bear :(
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Reckon I beat Milla hand's down in the sig stakes, don't you?! Might just bring him out to play when Milla bring's the baby out!
Amber

Post by Amber »

Quite genuinely: I am prone to migraine with aura and really cannot look at a page with this thing on, MM. :(
Milla

Post by Milla »

it is truly abysmal and I'm shocked that it can be compared, let alone favourably :shock: to the dear baby which, in honour of Amber's migraine, I am leaving off. Taz is, however, a million times better than that horrid old fat green bear (teehee, sorry CM).
Back OT, spared science SATS today, thank the Lord. Child is all tested out. Instead they made dodgems, a nice wholesome activity involving motors and construction and then smashing each other's up. Saves on wondering where to tidy them away to, I suppose.
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

I shall keep Taz locked away for a very long time then Amber, I know how truly awful migraine's are, suffered them on a daily basis till I saw a neurologist :(

CM-Did you hear what Amber just said? How very dare she call the beloved good luck care bear a "horrid old fat green bear" :shock: :shock:

Also back OT :oops: Why exactly was science taken away?
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Also back OT :oops: Why exactly was science taken away?
I asked this question in another thread in this section called 'Proposed boycott of SATs'.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now