3rd round allocations?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Midget Man

3rd round allocations?

Post by Midget Man »

I know the 3rd round of allocations are due about now and just wondered if there is anyone still waiting upon these? Mumofboy, if you are still around on these board's, I hope you get your place through these round's and good luck to all who may still be waiting :)
mumofboy

Re: 3rd round allocations?

Post by mumofboy »

Midget Man, I am still around. 8) Reading and keeping fingers crossed for all of us suffering parents. I just hope that the authorities will grasp one day that it is not just a "parents preference" school but it is the child we support and try and give them what is an appropriate school and what is matching their needs. If it is just for parents it would be called "parents convenience". I hope this makes sense.

MM I still don't have any information from 3rd allocation, so some hope yet. I have appeals on the go as well. So full house. If it is not so sad and petrifying I would just hysterically giggle - but it is my child who is on the line. As everybody else on this site we have a huge emotional roller-coaster.

I think by the end of June we should be able to say what is going to be a definite outcome.

Mum of Boy
Cats12

Post by Cats12 »

good luck for 3rd round mumofboy :)
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

Good Luck 'mumofboy' ... thinking of you x x x
Heartmum x x x
Muguet

Post by Muguet »

How kind of you MM to think of those of us still in limbo.

To those still waiting, 3rd round offer letters were posted last Friday. So if like me you didn't receive one unfortunately this isn't good news. The letters with new waiting list positions will be posted this Friday.

After reading the Q&A and what feels like a hundred of threads we are now putting the final touches to our appeal scheduled for next week. We are very grateful for all the information gathered on this forum and will make sure to post feedback once we know the outcome whatever this may be.
Cats12

Post by Cats12 »

good luck for your appeal Muguet :)
mumofboy

Post by mumofboy »

heartmum wrote:Good Luck 'mumofboy' ... thinking of you x x x
Hi heartmum

thank you and thank you again. We need all good wishes and all fingers crossed :roll: .

Mum of Boy
mumofboy

Post by mumofboy »

Cats12 wrote:good luck for 3rd round mumofboy :)
Hi Cats12
great to hear from you. Thank you for good wishes.

But as Muquet said, if we did not receive a letter by now we might be in for disappointment again. So, watch this space.
mumofboy

Post by mumofboy »

Hi Muquet

Yes, I agree it is great to have helpful and kind people when we need them the most.
Like you Muquet we spend hours reading and digging in preparation for the appeals.

After we find out the outcome I will post our feedback to this site.

Mum of boy
hassledmum

Post by hassledmum »

Hi

We got our letter from LEA on sat offering SHF although not our favoured school but also with letter was allocation profile of distances. Most interesting has been that AGS has moved to about 21 miles which was a huge shift - we really need either AHS or RLS to move and we'd be in!!!!
We attended stage 1 of the RLS appeal and I have to say I don't hold out a lot of hope as a friend who had their stage 2 had the LEA try to sell her SHF afterwards! WE have our stage 2 next week so here's keeping everything crossed and I think waiting list letters will come out at the end of the week - although RLS distance has not meved at all and AHS moved by about 0.2 miles - if only DD was DS!