just appealed for Folkestone School for Girls? *SUCCESS*

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Ogremum

just appealed for Folkestone School for Girls? *SUCCESS*

Post by Ogremum »

appeal this Thursday, nervous as ****. My HT told me they would have no idea that HT appeal had been made and denied and certainly not what was said under the reason for denial. Then, in the appeal appointment letter I received is a copy of it!
Kind of knocked my confidence in the HT and her advice as to how to appeal. SHe said it shoud be based purely on non qualification by 1 point on 1 test (371 overall score) - but now they can see the HT panels comment "the work we have seen does not show grammar ability" - which HT contests. argh
I have been told to take loads of stuff that she's done and also been told NOT to - been told to take samples of her work, and NOT to - whimper

For what it's worth I have got 3 pieces of work (chosen by her teacher) to take with me, they do their literacy on separate sheets so no work book as such, but I think certainly one of them is pretty rough.
Last edited by Ogremum on Sun May 30, 2010 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T12ACY

Re: Has anyone just appealed for Folkestone School for Girls

Post by T12ACY »

Ogremum wrote:appeal this Thursday, nervous as ****. My HT told me they would have no idea that HT appeal had been made and denied and certainly not what was said under the reason for denial. Then, in the appeal appointment letter I received is a copy of it!
Kind of knocked my confidence in the HT and her advice as to how to appeal. SHe said it shoud be based purely on non qualification by 1 point on 1 test (371 overall score) - but now they can see the HT panels comment "the work we have seen does not show grammar ability" - which HT contests. argh
I have been told to take loads of stuff that she's done and also been told NOT to - been told to take samples of her work, and NOT to - whimper

For what it's worth I have got 3 pieces of work (chosen by her teacher) to take with me, they do their literacy on separate sheets so no work book as such, but I think certainly one of them is pretty rough.
I do know, a friend of a friend, someone who has lodged an appeal to this school. Their DD scores were quite a long way short of the mark though!

The HT panel comment 'the work we have seen does not show grammar ability' is a standard comment. It was on ours and have heard others the same. Read the Q&A through the link at the top of the forum as it has really useful information about appeals with tips on do's and don'ts.

Have heard there are lots of spaces available at this school. You can find out if you don't already know from the LA who can tell you how many under their admission number they are and also how many have applied for an appeal.

Good luck!
Ogremum

Post by Ogremum »

Ta, I have heard there are 62 places and 70 appeals. I based my letter on the appeals section here, we do have gp letter about viral illness, bereavement etc but really want to appeal on her academic side.
Reassuring to know that it says that on other rejected HT appeals.

I just want it to be over :cry:
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

Ogremum wrote: we do have gp letter about viral illness, bereavement etc but really want to appeal on her academic side.
:
I hope you are also submitting these letters as evidence though? :?
Ogremum

Post by Ogremum »

We put it in with the appeal letter (sooooooooo many attachments - HT letter, graphs from HT, Kent test result sheet, Dover grammar pass letter, GP letter, 2 x references from dance & acting, gifted & talented letter and yr 5 results sheet)

Will also take copies to the actual appeal incase
Ogremum

Post by Ogremum »

1 hour to go..........

I wonder what my next obsession will be? What a ruddy ridiculous system it is....... the whole thing is so drawn out. My DH is on sleeping pills :roll:

If she goes to FGFS they start GCSE's in yr 9 - still, that will give me 2 years of relative mental health.....
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

Yes, thought it was today.... Good luck :)
panicattack!

Post by panicattack! »

good luck Ogremum will be thinking about you. x :)
twinkles

Post by twinkles »

Good luck Ogremum. Everything crossed for you.
Frustratedmum

Post by Frustratedmum »

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now