Fort Pitt Appeals

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tiredmum

Fort Pitt Appeals

Post by tiredmum »

I have a few friends who had to recently go to appeal with this school, i also have my dd1 there. If any of you out ther went to appeal in the last few days how do you think it went? i hear they really trying their hardest not to take more girls :shock:
jdwarwick

Post by jdwarwick »

Hi there tm.

I went with a friend to the FP appeals this week. Her dd has a place at another grammar but wanted FP - the appeal went well and the panel were really nice put us at our ease immediately. We understood the school's position, but were able to make our points and didn't feel rushed or anything. We don't hold out much hope because they told us there were 34 appeals and friend's dd does have a gs place.They held it at a hotel and the head spoke for the school. She was really nice when we came out together. I have another friend who was there today - her dd didn't pass the test so I guess that's a different thing all together. Anything else you want to know?

jd
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

hi jd
i was just hoping that they were going to open an extra class. I find it difficult to see how they can say they have not got the space when just a few years ago when my dd1 started there the PAN was 180! One of my friends who has gone to appeal said they felt it was tough, they dont have a grammar place for their dd even though she passed. My other friend who appealed does have a grammar place though her dd didnt pass! :D
jdwarwick

Post by jdwarwick »

One passed and no grammar place, one failed and a grammar place? :?
That is really odd. Has your friend who hasn't got a place contacted CGG? They still have places.
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

Hi jd
Ah its all because of where she lives, cgs would be a nighmere to get to, she wants her dd to go to the school which is only one bus journey away - seems fair - so lets hope fort pitt see that too. The one who has not passed got in at cgs - her parents will need to drive her - not all can do this though, so ease of transport does become an issue - i just wish the schools would see this - is your dd looking forward to her new start at FP? :D
jdwarwick

Post by jdwarwick »

She can't wait :lol: :D :lol: :D

I think there's only you and me around in Medway at the min td!!
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

lol havn't you heard all medway residents hibernate from november till june :D Good luck with your friends appeal - i know shes got a place at another grammar but it would be so nice for her - and my friends dd - if they could have their choice in schools :D
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

jdwarwick wrote:Hi there tm.

I went with a friend to the FP appeals this week. Her dd has a place at another grammar but wanted FP - the appeal went well and the panel were really nice put us at our ease immediately. We understood the school's position, but were able to make our points and didn't feel rushed or anything. We don't hold out much hope because they told us there were 34 appeals and friend's dd does have a gs place.They held it at a hotel and the head spoke for the school. She was really nice when we came out together. I have another friend who was there today - her dd didn't pass the test so I guess that's a different thing all together. Anything else you want to know?

jd
This was a very similar experience to my friend who is appealing or her dd.
paulap

Post by paulap »

I don't think I'll ever understand how the system works. A couple of girls I know put RGS as their first choice and FP as their second. They were allocated FP but there seems to be people on here who had it as their first choice and didn't get it. Confused .......
rubyhettybetty

Post by rubyhettybetty »

Watching with interest as I anticipate I will be in the same position this time next year, appealing for FP because we live too far away...

Why can't they just keep the class open that they have just 'closed'? I don't get it :(

Hopefully if those girls are appealing at Rochester Grammar they will be successful and free up places for FP.

Just to confirm though, every Medway child who passed the Medway test has been offered a GS place?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now