11 + SUCCESS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now

11 + SUCCESS

Post by Guest »

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THOSE CHILDREN WHO HAVE ACHIEVED HIGH SCORES AND GAINED PLACES AT EITHER THE JUDD, SKINNERS' OR TOGGS. ALSO CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THOSE CHILDREN WHO HAVE GAINED PLACES AT NORTON KNATCHBULL OR HIGHWORTH. IT WAS WORTH ALL THAT HARD WORK. CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL CHILDREN WHO PASSED THE 11+ EVEN IF YOU HAVEN'T GAINED A PLACE........YET. THIS IS A GREAT ACHIEVEMENT IN ITSELF. THANK YOU TO ALL PARENTS FOR THEIR SUPPORT. MESSAGE FROM J.B.
Kentmum1

Post by Kentmum1 »

Don't forget TW Boys and TWIGS!!!! Son got a Skinners score but got his 1st choice TW Boys. Good luck and congratulations to all!!!!!
Guestkent

Post by Guestkent »

I agree with Kentmum1, what about TW Boys and TWiGGS and also Weald of Kent.
I get frustrated with all the snobbery around this area with regards to GSs. My son got into Skinners, our first choice, and one mum's reaction at school was 'Oh, are you going to try for Judd.'
lesley

Post by lesley »

and well done to all those children who tried for the 11+ but who werent successful.
kentmum1

Post by kentmum1 »

I so agree with you GuestKent! It's such a shame as it rubs off on the children who have worked so hard. My son is thrilled to be going to TWGSB but have already heard him saying "I could have gone to Skinners with my score" even though it wasn't his choice. Some parents seem to assume that a child's academic ability is lower if they don't choose the top three, (or even a grammar school!). There are plenty of high achievers in the other schools too.
kentmum1

Post by kentmum1 »

ps does anyone know the exact cut-off for Skinners. Seems that someone on this site missed it with a score of 404. Interested, as it seems to getting higher every year.
Kent Mum

Post by Kent Mum »

Well done to all those who got MGS, Oakwood Park, MGGS and Invicta as well!

Quick wave to Highworth (my old school!)

Any grammar is a huge achievement, so we should all be as proud as it's possible to be!

And hugs to those who just missed out. Not getting a Grammar place doesn't mean they're any 'less' than those who have. Some children will have missed out on well deserved places simply through nerves on the test days, or just not quite hitting the 'mark' on those days.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now