Ashlawn Selective School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
pae

Ashlawn Selective School

Post by pae »

My son has just been offered a grammar school place at Ashlawn Selective School. Does anyone have any info about the selective stream of the school as we need to decide pretty quickly? Thanks. :D
hermanmunster

Re: Ashlawn Selective School

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi
welcome to the forum , have you been on the waiting list or just appealed for Ashlawn?

Is your son going in to year 7?
pae

Post by pae »

He has been on the waiting list but has just been offered a place to go into year 7 in September.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Welcome to the forum Pae, what would you like to know?
pae

Post by pae »

Hi there

How does the selective stream work, are the children educated completely separately from the non-selected children? Is is as "good" as conventional grammar schools? :wink:

It has come as a bit of shock to be offered this place as we were told the waiting list was quite long.

Anything you can let me know would be great.

Thanks.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

I have no experience of this school, although I know of it.
However, I used to know someone whose daughter attended. She was extremely happy with the system but I'm afraid that this is merely anecdotal. I do know that it is difficult to get a place (so, congratulations!) as there are only 30 places and has the benefit of being co-ed.
Hopefully you'll attract an answer from someone who really can answer your questions. I've done some online searching but not really unearthed anything new.
pae

Post by pae »

Thanks any info is really helpful.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Which schools are you choosing between? Ashlawn has a great reputation.
pae

Post by pae »

Just Ashlawn. We are in South Warks so put him down for Rugby Schools after results came out as the passmark was slightly lower in this area. He just missed South Warks pass mark so did it as a long shot and I am rather shocked to be offered a place and really need to know as much info as I can find.
guest201

Post by guest201 »

Hi
I dont know all that much either, but I do know that the kids are educated separately at Ashlawn, it is a good school in general and I believe the grammar stream is very good, it doesnt have the prestige of LSS or RHS. I suppose the transport would be an important factor for you. As a Rugby resident I personally wouldnt hesitate to accept the place.