Level of The Tutors VR papers

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

trumpet

Level of The Tutors VR papers

Post by trumpet »

I have just started working through the Tutors papers with my son. We have done 1-4b of the full length multiple choice papers. Can anyone tell me the difficulty level of these papers compared with others on market. We have done Bond, Nfers and the new Letts ones. I am Bexley borough and my son will be doing both Bexley and Kent Test so was wondering how these measure up to the standard of the actual test.
mitasol

Re: Level of The Tutors VR papers

Post by mitasol »

Patricia describes these as mid range difficulty. I think that there are some harder level 4 tutors papers.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... php?t=4782

edited to add. This is useful.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... ers#p78305
Ang's mom

Post by Ang's mom »

Are these the tutors 2B papers that can be downloaded ?
Papers 1-12..If so, I can tell you about them
trumpet

Post by trumpet »

The papers we have been doing are the ones that can be downloaded from this website. They are okay but the reason I asked about the level was because I thought they were easier than some others, However I'm not sure if we are just getting better at spotting patterns and themes and therefore VR altogether is just starting to click.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

It is probably a combination of both. :D
In the links above, the papers are listed from easiest to hardest and therefore a logical way to progress through the various papers.
trumpet

Post by trumpet »

Are the papers issued to Bucks schools available directly from Nfer to non Bucks children?
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Trumpet

In short, no.

Out of county children who are registered to take the Bucks 11 plus will recieve the familiarisation papers for either the school or parent to look through. However I note you are taking the Kent and Bexley test, therefore will not be eligible to register.

Patricia
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now