Wirral Grammar for Girls under subscribed.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Winnie

Wirral Grammar for Girls under subscribed.

Post by Winnie »

Just in case anybody was wondering Wirral Grammar for Girls was under

subscribed this year (not enough passed at 236 and above) because of

this the actual number was far less at 229 being the lowest I know thus

far.

Which leads me to ask did anyone get into Wirral Grammar for girls at a

lower mark? Or know of anyone?

We have heard a few that are not disclosing there score just that they

passed.

It may make parents who thought they had no chance of appeal look

again because their score is actually closer to the pass mark than was

previously thought.
Newbie but stressed

Post by Newbie but stressed »

Yes Winnie I have heard this also.

Apparently only 130 places have been issued via the test so far as the pass rate was so low.

So 30 places not filled..

Bebington's daughter did not make the mark with 230 so it can't be much lower than the 236 mark..
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

I have seen this child's letter at 229 myself and I believe there were lower.
Newbie But stressed

Post by Newbie But stressed »

Someone has passed on 229 , how can this be.. ?

It states on the letter the required score was 236...

I was aware the pass rate was low but was told they had 30 places to fill.

whether this is by appeal I am unsure..
Bebington

Post by Bebington »

Hi,

I heard the same too. A girl in my daughter’s class passed on the same mark as her but she is a July birthday and lives 0.02 miles closer than my daughter who is 0.03 miles away.

I knew this year’s exam was tougher than previous year's due to over subscription but the allocation doesn't seem to make sense.

I had resigned ourselves to "we were not even close to the mark" but to find out only 55 girls past at 236 or higher is hard.. Now i'm lost.
Bebington

Post by Bebington »

*passed
Newbie but stressed

Post by Newbie but stressed »

Hi Bebington,

Yes it doesn't make sense.. It may be all rumours..

If I was you I would make an appointment with the Head ASAP.

The quicker you move the better in my opinion. Even though you are still hurting from all this..

You have 3 weeks to get the appeal letter in. But the quicker you do this the earlier you case will be heard and over and done with,,

There are examples of appeal letters on the appeal threads take a look. Or send a personal message to Etienne if you want some personal advice.

You are the only one I know who has not made the 236, I know 3 who have so why is the pass rate so low ? I would expect to know lots who have failed... But not many people posting here or happy to share the results with us so we can see the success and failure this year..

You can do this!!

NBS
new_person

Post by new_person »

Another one passed with a score of 241 and has an offer of a place at Wirral Grammer School for girls. Little Notes had some bad criticism to deal with in the pass and I would like to say thanks to Little Notes for helping my child.
Newbie but stressed wrote:Hi Bebington,

Yes it doesn't make sense.. It may be all rumours..

If I was you I would make an appointment with the Head ASAP.

The quicker you move the better in my opinion. Even though you are still hurting from all this..

You have 3 weeks to get the appeal letter in. But the quicker you do this the earlier you case will be heard and over and done with,,

There are examples of appeal letters on the appeal threads take a look. Or send a personal message to Etienne if you want some personal advice.

You are the only one I know who has not made the 236, I know 3 who have so why is the pass rate so low ? I would expect to know lots who have failed... But not many people posting here or happy to share the results with us so we can see the success and failure this year..

You can do this!!

NBS
Bebington

Post by Bebington »

Hi there again.

I think my first port of call will be the head teacher on monday morning,
Just to have her take on this.

I have just had a visit from a friend of my daughter and her mother she passed for the grammer on 228. I have no idea how this has been the case but I'm sure going to find out.
That is now 3 (all girls who passed in her class) who passed with a lower mark than 236.

I have also been told that the headteacher has already made some appeals but we have know idea as to who.

Crazy!

Post by Guest »

Hi

I am totally confused after reading this thread, my daughter got 230 and was not offered a place. I thought this was the end of it but reading this should I be appealing ????

Please help
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now