Any feedback on chosen hill school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
WorriedRuby

Any feedback on chosen hill school

Post by WorriedRuby »

Hi,

Can anyone please help? My friend is confused whether to make her son to sit for 11+ in oct 2010 or choose the chosen hill school, which is local comp school which has got outstanding ofsted school report.

Can anyone please comment on chosen hill school? Friend does not want her son to go through the stress of exam preparation and exam if local school is too good.

Thanks
EmeraldE

Re: Any feedback on chosen hill school

Post by EmeraldE »

Hi
I do not have any kids at Chosen BUT I have three friends who do. They rave about the school and to be honest I have not heard a bad word said. It is a very popular school and the kids come out with some excellent GCSE and A levels. My friends boy (16) is just sitting his GCSE's and had looked around at the grammars in case he fancied a change for A level. He has decided that Chosen has more to offer him than the grammars and so is staying put. Not sure if that helps! :)

P.S their OFSTED is outstanding
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

From feedback from friends,I would say that Chosen Hill is possibly the best comprehensive school in Gloucester.

GM
Weaver

Post by Weaver »

My step-daughter is at Chosen Hill (yr 10) and our experience of it has been excellent. I'd like them to be stricter on uniform and make-up, and their comms to parents are not always brilliant, but I suspect the same can be said for many secondaries!

The only reason my daughter is going to try for one of the Grammars is that she really wants to go to an all-girls school. This viewpoint may change in the coming year... :wink:

I'm happy to answer any more specific questions if I can.

Weaver
WorriedRuby

Post by WorriedRuby »

Thank you for all your comments! It sounds like it is good school.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now