Some figures

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Alex

Some figures

Post by Alex »

Thought I would post some figures from yesterday's Lincolnshire Echo article for those who haven't seen it.

Of 8,035 applicants, 91% got their first preference - up two per cent on last year.

Of the 725 parents who did not get their first choice, 253 placed a grammar school as first preference, even though they knew their child had not qualified in the 11 plus tests.

A total of 180 parents in the county received none of their preferences.
Of these 73 named only one school on their application and 42 named only two schools. There were 59 who had named three schools but did not get any of their preferences. These centred on specific areas where several schools were oversubscribed.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Interesting the 253 who listed the grammar school first even though they had the exam results - I wonder what the reasoning was? Was the info clear enough?
Alex

Post by Alex »

I imagine the (perfectly logical) reasoning is that you cannot appeal for a school for which you have not applied, so it keeps the options open for appealing whilst you wait to see what alternative you are offered.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

That explains it .. I'm a bit black and white about these things and assumed that if they failed then they failed .. wasn;t thinking about the appeals - added complication to knowing the results before you fill in the CAF!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now