Marks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

master chef

Marks

Post by master chef »

Hi All
Just a quickie , what is the rough mark needed to gain a grammer school place , oh and when the children sit the kent test in september are they given rough paper for working out . Many Thanks .
U400JB9

Re: Marks

Post by U400JB9 »

The pass mark changes every year, this year it was 117 in each paper.

As for a grammar school place, it depends where in Kent you are. East Kent allocated places to the majority at the agregate pass mark, West Kent it is much harder to get a place even if you pass well.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

the pass mark will vary from year to year, depending on the cohort and the difficulty of the paper.

opinions vary as to raw score needed, but around 75% would be a good bet, I look to be getting 80-90 in practice papers.

The children are given rough paper in the Kent test and last year were allowed to write on the question paper.

Passing the test will not necessarily get you a grammar school place in West Kent, but it is less competitive in the East of Kent
doodles

Post by doodles »

From what I can make out (I don't have DD's) there are also differences between girls and boys GS in West Kent. Distance can count too! Just a minefield really.

Which part of Kent are you MasterChef?
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
master chef

Post by master chef »

Thanks to you all , we live in the west malling area nr maidstone .
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

For Oakwood Park in Maidstone, it's usually assumed you need 360, and for MGS 390. Not sure what the girls grammers are.