KEGS RESULTS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sw

KEGS RESULTS

Post by sw »

I wonder if anyone can please advise me.I'm a very confused mother at the moment.
Has everyone received their KEGS results?
We live in Redbridge and are still awaiting to know about KEGS.I am now finding other parents, atleast one living in Redbridge already know their KEGS result.
When I phoned the Consortium on 02.03.07,following good news about our local grammar, they advised the consortium will be posting letters out on 05.03.07.
Any advice about this variation in people receiving KEGS results will be much appreciated.

Kind regards.
Shrimpergarry

Post by Shrimpergarry »

Hi SW - can't speak for Redbridge as we're in Essex. However I thought it was a fairly universal system now that people should only be offered 1 state school - it is made easy on the Essex e-mail because they indicate they are moving down our order of preference. Our e-mail simply said:
1 KEGS not allocated

2 SHSB allocated
Indicating that we hadn't made the cut off point for KEGS, but that we did for SHSB. I would assume if you have been offered a place at a school lower down your order of preference than KEGS that you haven't got a place there. Also one of the other mums on the forum said they got a letter from the KEGS headmaster this morning inviting them to an open day in July. If you haven't got one of those - that may be a further indicator.

Of course we'll all find out where they came on Tuesday when we get the letter from the CSSE.

Post by Guest »

Thank you Shrimpergarry for this information.We placed our local grammar,Ilford County as our first choice(Mainly to keep our son happy as he knows many boys already there ).KEGS was therefore placed as our second choice ,then the local comprehensives.

We heard from friends who went through the process in previous years,that if your child passes entry for more than one grammar school you will still get to choose which one you want.Like you say that system may have changed.

We do prefer KEGS if our son passed and now he has also come to prefer KEGS.

Thank you once again.

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:Thank you Shrimpergarry for this information.We placed our local grammar,Ilford County as our first choice(Mainly to keep our son happy as he knows many boys already there ).KEGS was therefore placed as our second choice ,then the local comprehensives.

We heard from friends who went through the process in previous years,that if your child passes entry for more than one grammar school you will still get to choose which one you want.Like you say that system may have changed.

We do prefer KEGS if our son passed and now he has also come to prefer KEGS.

Thank you once again.
Hi,

Firstly congratulations to your son. I'm afraid the new rules are very rigid. Your son did well enough to be offered a place at his first choice and therefore you are forced to accept it. You will not be allowed to swap it for a school lower down the order as all those places have already been allocated and there are no grounds for appeal on the basis that you've now chaged your mind and prefer Kegs.

Tony