Confirmation Present idea?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
pheasantchick

Confirmation Present idea?

Post by pheasantchick »

My Goddaughter is being confirmed soon and I'd like to get an present. Any ideas ? Your help would be appreciated. (She is 13 years old). Thanks.
hermanmunster

Re: Confirmation Present idea?

Post by hermanmunster »

usually the bibles / prayer books are given at christening - some are given at confirmation but you really don't need too many of these....

I suspect something like amazon vouchers may be an idea or in altruistic spirit how about oxfam gifts ... you could buy her a couple of goats or books for a school abroad etc
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

I got a silver cross necklace. I still have it and wear it. Cliche maybe, but I still like it. There are many really cool bibles, that are actually readable. There are some that are actually aimed at teenage girls, modern translations, trying to give biblical/Christian advise for teen issues. If you don't want to get something religious, cold hard cash is always acceptable to teen girls everywhere :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10100;430/st/20100902/e/DD+Starts+Senior+School/dt/5/k/bbdb/event.png[/img]
hyder

Post by hyder »

I had this problem recently as I was invited to a 1st Holy Communion. Not close enough family for the tradition presents, so I opted for a nice silver photo frame.

Hopefully it was appreciated.
Alice Wonder

Post by Alice Wonder »

My son aged 10 and a half was recently confirmed. He received cards, a bible, a pretty bible bookmarker, money, gift card for a bookstore, gift card for a local Christian shop, a silver cross and chain and a silver St Christopher's pendant and chain, a candle on a candle holder plate with a personalised message and a football!!

My son appreciated all his gifts and cards. Which made mum happy as he can be quite materialistic even for 10.

The cards home made and shop bought had wonderful messages of encouragement and support, with helpful verses from the bible for the important step my son had taken in wanting to declare himself as a Christian. I have vowed to keep these for my son as a reminder of his beiliefs and the prayers of others at this time for him to continue on this path and to hopefully inspire him to return to the path if he should ever wander. My son and I both appreciated these particularly as we had had a significantly negative and deeply upsetting reaction to the decision he had made to be baptised and confirmed from a couple of very close relatives. For this reason the fact that people had turned up to witness the occasion, some who were elderly or in poor health or offered kind words of support and encouragement in the word was more than enough and was a gift of immense value to us both.

My son loved all the gifts for different reasons and I'm sure that whatever you choose for your goddaughter if given wih love and support for this important decision she has made will be appreciated and cherished.
Last edited by Alice Wonder on Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cheshire Cat
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

My daughter got a silver charm bracelet from a company called Scarlett......its fab as the charms are very unusual and she loves it. She`s 11yrs. Also, her God-mother never need worry about present ideas again...she get a charm!!
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

As confirmation is much closer in time to First Communion than it used to be, she probably already has more bibles/hymnals/miraculous medals/rosary beads than you can swing a thurible at! A nice piece of jewellery makes a good present. My sponsor got me a lovely silver and garnet necklace and earring set. I loved it at the time. Tarnished now of course but aren't we all!
KB

Post by KB »

There are some good Study Bibles - best to check with her parents first - but you can order them from Amazon. Recommend NIV Life Applications Study Bible

Also check out -
The Good Book Company
The Silver Fish Jewellery Company
Torrylee

Post by Torrylee »

Does she have a Youth Bible? They are full of down to earth ideas and advice for young people.
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

Well now adays there are lots of different types of fashionable rosary beads that the teenagers wear. It depends what sort of child she is - my dd loves reading the bible but her friend thinks this is very odd, but loves jewellery - it takes all-sorts! lol :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now