Greenshaw (london Borough of Sutton) entrance exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

catriona s

Greenshaw (london Borough of Sutton) entrance exam

Post by catriona s »

Hi
does anyone know anything about the Greenshaw entrance exam? (London Borough of Sutton), which exam board/ comparisson with other 11+ entrance exams within the borough etc.
Thanks.
Cat
Chelmsford mum

Re: Greenshaw (london Borough of Sutton) entrance exam

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Hello,
You may get more answers in the Surrey section and no doubt a helpful moderator will come and oblige.It is an area of the country I am very familiar with though and know many who have taken this test.
It is deemed to be easier than the other local selective school tests and this is evidenced by several children i know who didn't make the grammar cut off but passed for Greenshaw.I also know many who "use it for practice" and put their child in with no intention of accepting a place.
As far as I know, unless it has changed this year, it is only VR and NVR.This is another way in which it is a lot less exacting than the grammars which have English and maths too.
I suspect a lot of this info may well be under the admissions section of the Greenshaw website.
Good luck. :D
catriona s

Post by catriona s »

Thanks for the feedback

]Cat
surreydad2010

Post by surreydad2010 »

Yes can confirm its only basic VR and NVR...It's about a "5" compared to regular grammar test of a "10" - if that makes sense (about half as hard)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now