Not a question for an 11+ website but.....

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Looking for help

Not a question for an 11+ website but.....

Post by Looking for help »

Can someone please explain to me in words of one syllable how a blackberry can connect to the internet while in a car? Is it magic? I am ashamed at my lack of technical knowledge, and am sure that one of you very clever people out there can put me out of my misery :oops:
I have enough difficulty maintaining connection in my house on my laptop, so cannot understand how the blasted thing can update facebook when not in a wifi zone.
Yours, embarrassed of the shires :oops:
whichwitch

Re: Not a question for an 11+ website but.....

Post by whichwitch »

3G on your network provider's um network. see here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3G
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

I was thinking the fruit :oops:
Looking for help

Eh ourmaninhavana what fruit ? Oh now I see, I thought you were making some kind of techno joke :oops:

whichwitch thank you it's all sooooooo much clearer now :lol:

I thought you had to have some kind of routery thing.

We are all clearly at risk of developing some kind of xray reaction at some time in the future due to the amount of data whizzing about invisibly and crashing into us, scarey :shock:
inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

Sorry, can't help, don't actually understand the question! :oops:
Sassie'sDad

Post by Sassie'sDad »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Pa ... io_Service ...

Had one of these (still miss it) until I changed to Android which is 4G and sooooo much cheaper than iphone. Like the bigger screen but think the touch screen is a mixed blessing -- don't tell Amber but when mine starts up it shows an apple, then along comes Android who walks off stage left, then comes back again with a club and smashes Apple. There is a ruder one where after the clubbing Android pees on Apple just for good measure. Trouble with smart phones is it is so much more interesting making apps or toying about with the software, changing ROMs etc than making calls, or even browsing the web!
Amber

Post by Amber »

Sassie'sDad wrote: don't tell Amber but when mine starts up it shows an apple, then along comes Android who walks off stage left, then comes back again with a club and smashes Apple. There is a ruder one where after the clubbing Android pees on Apple just for good measure.
You can't help it, SD, so I shall not rise to the challenge. :wink:

sent from my fabulous MacBook, no gimmicks, no peeing androids, just sleek and beautiful
marigold

Post by marigold »

Just spent 15 mins weeping into my cornflakes as my magic" mac "mouse was unable to connect with whatever waves usually fill my kitchen.

Scrolling down this topic the old fashioned way with finger on pad and suddenly connection was found.
I personally give Amber the credit for this, all you need is a few happy Mac users and the waves are back.
Looking for help

I am now really embarrassed, having spoken to some colleagues at work....of course this is just mobile phone technology. working in the same way as my phone can connect to the internet. I just thought you had to be in a house or near a wifi thingemybob to make it work.
Sadly everyone laughed at me :oops: It's probably time I was thinking of retiring :shock:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Looking for help wrote:I am now really embarrassed, having spoken to some colleagues at work....of course this is just mobile phone technology. working in the same way as my phone can connect to the internet. I just thought you had to be in a house or near a wifi thingemybob to make it work.
Sadly everyone laughed at me :oops: It's probably time I was thinking of retiring :shock:
Do not despair! I don't even know how to send a text message. :oops:

(Retires from public view, hanging head in shame!)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now