football and cancelled lessons

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
magwich2

football and cancelled lessons

Post by magwich2 »

I just wondered what other people thought - one of dd's friends had an A2 science lesson cancelled today because the teacher (emphatically NOT the girls in his class) wanted to watch the blast*d football. I have to say that if DH behaved in such an imbecilic fashion he would (quite rightly) be disciplined.
hermanmunster

Re: football and cancelled lessons

Post by hermanmunster »

I think that is ridiculous. Things have to carry on and it is ONLY football... Now the ashes - well that is far more important - but you can carry on working with the score card on the bottom of the computer screem :oops:
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

DD's school closed at 2.30 instead of 3 so that people could collect their children and get home in time to watch :roll: We took the girls to the park (don't give a d@mn about football) and had it to ourselves :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10100;430/st/20100902/e/DD+Starts+Senior+School/dt/5/k/bbdb/event.png[/img]
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

I think it is very poor show - for once we are in agreement, Magwich :lol:
My daughter's exam time was brought forward yesterday so people could get out in time to see it, of course we have no interest, but really life has to go on, it can't just stop for football :shock:
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

I enjoyed a peaceful, blissfully traffic-free drive to pick up DD2 and her friend from school yesterday afternoon. Well at least the outward journey was quiet -the trip back was punctuated from vuvuzela blasts coming from the back seat :lol:. She was the only one of our DCs not already at home watching the match with DH - DD1 (6th form) had a half day off as no lessons, and the two youngest had been let out of school early... :?
Marylou
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

IF they ever get to the final....it will be chaos.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Can't wait until sunday afternoon ... peaceful time on call while the country goes silly. :wink: Evening will be worse no doubt .... after england beaten by germany!! (my prediction is 2-1
marigold

Post by marigold »

Totally disagree.

My school closed an hour early, they made up the extra hour on Monday, and the excitement when I let the A level students out of their exam was palpable. Girls as well as boys.

I am not a football fan but I had the match on in the background as I was painting my daughters bedroom and through the open windows I could hear the roars and the cheers from all the local pubs, it was very uplifting and on such a beautiful afternoon made me proud to be British.

I do not think and hour off school once every four years is anything to complain about. We had a whole day off for pity's sake for Princess Anne's wedding.
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

marigold wrote:We had a whole day off for pity's sake for Princess Anne's wedding.
Ah yes - I remember our neighbours inviting us in to watch it on their new-fangled colour TV... :lol:
Marylou
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

ho ho I remember - we had friends in too to watch the wedding!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now