Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Saltash Mum 30

Results

Post by Saltash Mum 30 »

My daughter has been successful in gaining a place at PHSG. Huge feelings of relief all round.

Feelings of happiness are somewhat tempered by the ineptitude of Cornwall LEA who inadvertently posted results online at midnight yesterday, denied they were the true results in the morning and then, after 6pm, said they were correct after all but shouldn't have been made available earlier in the day.

Some parents were told online results would be available after 5pm yesterday, others were told that the time of release could not be given out! Such precious behaviour over our children's futures.

However, the important stuff is that all the stress and work and worry has been worth it. I send best wishes to everyone reading this in the hope they have also been successful.

Big thank you to this site and those who post on it who have provided so much useful information.
plymouth36

Post by plymouth36 »

Hi saltash Mum,

My daughter and her friend were also very lucky and have been allocated places at PHSFG. We are overjoyed, especialy as she was some what deflated after taking the maths which they both found very hard.

Congratulations to you and your daughter.
Supermum

congratulations

Post by Supermum »

Hiya everyone,
We are all so glad about my daughter who has passed. All the hard work and effort has paid off. PHSG here we come! :lol:
Mad Mum

Post by Mad Mum »

Can I join your happy throng and declare that my daughter too is going to PHSG! I'm so thrilled infact, I think Im more thrilled than my daughter who just seems relieved!! It seems rather odd that some parents were notified by email - and the rest by post. I would have thought that Plymouth LEA would have done us all by email where possible as they were trying to get everyone to apply online in October.

Anyway, who cares! Maybe I'll meet some of you at the school gates one day (oh no, thats Primary, Im sure I won't be allowed within 100 yards of the school gates now she's at Grammar School) - gosh dont you just love it .... Grammar School!

Thanks to all of you who kept this forum going - you're help and advice has been invaluable in my darkest hours!!!! :lol: :D
chuffed to bits

Pass

Post by chuffed to bits »

Very proud of our daughter who has passed and will be going to Devonport. Thank goodness we only have one child, I couldn't go through that again!!!

Post by Guest »

Well done to all the children who have gained a place.

It's strange that the majority have applied to PHS,and no boys.

My daughterv will be sitting the exam this year,any advice would be gratefully recieved. :) :)
Hallie

Post by Hallie »

Just to add to the good news: my son has been offered a place at Colyton Grammar: much excitement / relief all round!

Well done to everyone else who passed in Devon/ Cornwall.
Lowen

results

Post by Lowen »

Well done to all those who passed.

quote...
"It's strange that the majority have applied to PHS,and no boys."
- My son has a place at DHSB and we are very proud of him. :D

In answer to the person whose daughter is taking the exam this year I would suggest staying with this forum and asking specific questions to get a good answer. :)
My daughter goes to PHSG and I have dropped by the forum since she took her exam two and a half years ago. The advice given here is invaluable. I don't post often - afraid to make a mistake - :oops: but if I can help I will.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now