Date for OOC Exam 2010

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Booklady

Date for OOC Exam 2010

Post by Booklady »

Hi - does anyone know the date for the test in 2010 for entry Sept 2011 for OOC applicants. We are just over the border in Bucks - and want to also sit at Herschel.

The school websites do not seem to carry any info!

We have a holiday booked at half term - so I just want to make sure they don't do half term testing in Slough!

Thanks for any advice!
muvvalac

Re: Date for OOC Exam 2010

Post by muvvalac »

Booklady wrote:Hi - does anyone know the date for the test in 2010 for entry Sept 2011 for OOC applicants. We are just over the border in Bucks - and want to also sit at Herschel.

The school websites do not seem to carry any info!

We have a holiday booked at half term - so I just want to make sure they don't do half term testing in Slough!

Thanks for any advice!
u have to cancel your holiday during half term. bucks has exam for OOC pupils during half term holidays

Children who do not attend a Buckinghamshire maintained junior, combined or Partner school will be invited to take the tests at a cental testing venue. Testing in the child's current primary school is no longer permitted. The tests will be scheduled during October half term 2010 (25-29 October inclusive).

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/bcc/schools/a ... tests.page?

check the above link
chad

Post by chad »

The consortium have, historically, always been around the first week of November... with the exam for entrants who do not attend a slough school being on the Saturday.

I have had a trawl thru and found this..

Thursday 4th November 2010 (for slough schools)
Saturday 6th November (for all other children)

http://www.st-bernards.slough.sch.uk/?page_id=349

Click on link for 'Admission Open Evening 2011'

St Bernards is part of the same consortium as Herschel therefore I would think this is the 2010 exam date for 2011 entry.
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

Thanks Chad - thats what I thought from previous dates in previous years - but had failed to find it on the websites.

Muvulac - you misread my post I am afraid- we live in Bucks so she will do that exam in school during term - but we also want to sit the Berks exam as OOC - hence posting in the Berks section. So we won't have to cancel the holiday!

Thanks for taking the time to answer. :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now