How do we find out Scores?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mad Mum

How do we find out Scores?

Post by Mad Mum »

Just a thought, but does anyone know how best to go about finding out my daughters actual score? I know its all history now, but would still like to know - as would she!

Post by Guest »

Congratulations to you and your daughter!!! :D :D :D

If you ring up the LEA they will be able to tell you your scores. This years results will be interesting after the introduction of the maths paper, I would have imagined the scores will have dropped a bit on last years,what do you think?
Mad Mum

Post by Mad Mum »

Thanks for that - I was thinking I should ring them but thought they may be snowed under with other things like appeals etc. Yes there does seem to be alot of girls going to PHSG - maybe its where the neurotic parents send their children!!! :shock: (me included of course!)

Do you have details of last year's scores then? I haven't the first clue what they were so won't be able to compare. If I get any details of the pass marks required for this year I'll post them on forum. Likewise if anyone else finds out can they do the same please?
Mad Mum

Post by Mad Mum »

I have just rung Plymouth LEA and got my daughters pass mark. For those of you that are interested, for PHSG the pass mark was 240 with a highest possible score of 282. Forgot to ask what DHSG pass mark was.
Wow

Scores

Post by Wow »

I called and was told my daughter got 279, is the maximum possible 282 or was that the highest score achieved?
Mad Mum

Post by Mad Mum »

282 was the highest possible score. Dont know that the highest actually was but your daughter certainly did well!

Post by Guest »

Well done to all who passed AND got in, commiserations to all those who didn't. Can I ask WHY is it so important to know the scores? They passed and got in what else matters!
Why is everyone SO competitive? :?

Post by Guest »

Of course the score matters! The whole process is competitive. No idea how the scoring works though!
Mr Happy

Post by Mr Happy »

Once our daughter knew she was in, of course she was interested in her score, her friends who went last year all knew theirs and were asking her. I tried to explain standardisation of scores which was a little tricky, but I think she grasped the basics. She should be able to, she is after all Grammar School material!

Post by Guest »

if it helps anyone, my daughter scored 282 and I know of one other girl who also scored 282 and both are going to PHS. I know of PHS scores of 277 and another of 279, some bright girls are off there this September. :D