Kendrick

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mum10

Kendrick

Post by Mum10 »

After my tears this morning, daugher took it all in gave me a big hug a few tears and then got on with it, made me so proud. Have heard that she is very near the top of the waiting list (3/4) and although they wont guarantee her a place did mention that in last two years all children on waiting list had been given a place....so heres hoping i think! and although we will take place if offered, it has made me think if its all worth it, a bright child will do well anywhere - a reasonable comp, it will be interesting to see how my 2 girls compare one is in a good comp in oxfordshire and the younger one (if she does get into Kendrick) in a grammar!. Thank you to everyone for all there support really felt the support, i wish i had found this site a bit earlier!!. :o :o
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

It's really good news that your daughter took it so well. You defintitely should be proud of her.
I am glad that you seem a lot happier now and confident that whatever the outcome, your daughter will do well.

Best of luck with the waiting list.

Catherine
Laid back Son,Worried Mum

Post by Laid back Son,Worried Mum »

Mum 10

What a star she is.. your daughter!
It does look quite good..if the waiting list moves fast and she does get offered a place, she might want to go for it..Deal with it when it happens.

It's the initial disappointment that is always hard to bear..especially as the wait is so long for the children. But if later, an opportunity arises for her,her motivation and determination is what will guide you as to what to do.

We are all thinking of you and yours. Sleep well.
Rosey

Post by Rosey »

Thank you Mum 10, for sharing with us. Your daughter sounds like a lovely, bright intelligent young lady...... a real credit to you.
HP

Post by HP »

Hi Mum10

Please keep us posted as to how you get on with the waiting list....and what a wonderful daughter you have :)

HP
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Mum10,

The plan will work, hang in there, phone them politely every day, good luck.

stevew61
Mum10

Post by Mum10 »

Stew
Thanks for your advice, i will be on that phone every day!....the waiting goes on and on....
Mum10

Post by Mum10 »

To All,

Have been informed today that my daughter has got her place in Kendrick, we are absolouted estatic!. Reading Ed.Autho have been absoloutely fantastic and rang me immediately, thanks to all your lovely messages and support from the forum, if it wasnt for my broken leg we would be out celebrating!! Mum 10
mum

Post by mum »

Thats great, congratulations to you and your daughter...........
could you please give some feed back for the Kendrick's preparation......
mum
EB

Post by EB »

Congratulations to all the children who have got places at Kendrick/Reading/other Berkshire grammars, and good luck to anyone who is on a waiting list!

My daughter is probably taking the Kendrick test this November. I say 'probably', as she actually slightly preferred the feel of our local comp when we had a look at both schools last year. Her older brother is already at the comp and loves it there. We are lucky to live in an area (Wokingham LEA) where the secondary schools are generally very good; our catchment comp being particularly popular and successful - no coincidence that we paid over the odds to live in the area!

Therefore, I am happy with whatever she chooses to do, although secretly I admit that I would love her to try for Kendrick - I'll keep you posted.....

EB
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now