appeal bexley special arrangements 11 plus nvr

Advice on Special Needs and the 11 Plus Exams

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
appealmum

appeal bexley special arrangements 11 plus nvr

Post by appealmum »

Hello
There are probably a very limited number of people who can help me here. Can anyone say if the "special arrangement" NVR Bexley test included a time warning? (ie you have one munite left)

Thanks - appeal mum
HP

Post by HP »

Hi Appealmum

"Special Arrangements" usually refers to extra time - up to 25% - or rest breaks. These are given so that the child can demonstrate their full potential on paper which they would not be able to do without these concessions, for reasons usually relating to a disability or learning difficulties.

I do not think that a time warning would constitute special arrangments - this would be a very small concession anyway - unless this had been specifically requested and was not available to all pupils.

Hope this helps

HP
appealmum

Post by appealmum »

Hi
Thanks for the reply - my query is a lot more specific. Did Bexley 11 plus NVR this year include a time warning. ie were the children warned at the end of each individual section "you have one minute left"?
Appeal mum
HP

Post by HP »

Hi appealmum,

Noticed that you've also posted this in kent. Hope you get a response either way.

Have you tried contacting the authorities where the test was administered to try and establish this?

HP
appealmum

Post by appealmum »

Thanks - just trying to get info as quick as possible, I will contact them.
Appeal mum
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now