Bromley High School for Girls/Croydon High School for Girls

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Worrywart

Bromley High School for Girls/Croydon High School for Girls

Post by Worrywart »

My friend is looking at both of these schools for her daughter. On paper they both look pretty similar. Does anyone have any personal experience of either school and what type of girls they suit?
What did we worry about before we had children?
LazyDaisy

Re: Bromley High School for Girls/Croydon High School for Gi

Post by LazyDaisy »

Is this for junior school or senior school as I have heard of some very dissatisfied parents in the Croydon High junior school.
Worrywart

Post by Worrywart »

Sorry I should have been more clear, she is looking at the Senior School. My friend heard that the last Head left this year after only being in that position since September 2007, which she was wondering if she should be worried about.
wanting the best

Post by wanting the best »

I know friends who have DDs in Bromley High Junior and Senior school. They do not have any great concerns are are quite happy (the DDs are happy too, which is just as, if not more, important). The Head did leave but nothing sinister in that. She retired and wanted to go off to do other things. The new head has settled in well. They have just had an inspection and have come out very well. If your friend's daughter likes soprt and art she will love it there. But the best thing to do is to go along and visit the school and then make up your mind.
Worrywart

Post by Worrywart »

Thanks for that wanting the best. I was actually referring to Croydon High when mentioning the Head leaving though, I don't think she retired as she only looks as though she is in her 40's by her photo in the school prospectus.
LazyDaisy

Post by LazyDaisy »

The only parents I know well as those with daughters in the junior school of Croydon High and none of them intend to move their daughters up to the senior school.

I don't have daughters so no personal experience I'm afraid!!
Worrywart

Post by Worrywart »

Hi LazyDaisy,

Why are none of your friends intending to send their children to the senior school? What schools are they looking at instead?
Mummyto3

Post by Mummyto3 »

LazyDaisy

I would also like to know what your friends think of the school.

DD may attend either Old Palace or Croydon High junior schools, with the hope that she goes to their senior schools. Any inside info would be helpful!

N.B. What form will DS be in? Is he looking forward to induction day on 3 September? :D
LazyDaisy

Post by LazyDaisy »

Hi worrywort and Mummyto3,

I have pm'd you both.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Hi, I may be interested in these schools in the future. Is it possible to say a bit more in the open forum about them please? We live currently at quite a distance from both (but public transport is good to them for us) so we don't get to hear any info from people who use these schools.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now