From Angels to Monsters

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Snowdrops

From Angels to Monsters

Post by Snowdrops »

Following on from my comment on the 'Bags for School' thread about our darling children turning in 'teenagers' overnight, I thought it might be useful (and hysterical :lol: :lol: ) if those of us who've been there, done that, could give the 'Soon to be Parents of Teenager's Syndrome Children' some advice and pointers!

I did point out on the previous thread that you seem to send them off lovingly on the first day of term and they literally change overnight into 'teenagers' (in the literal, not physical, sense). No matter how you may have brought them up, how well behaved and loving they may be, they will change and oh my lord do you need help :lol: :lol: :lol:

So come on peeps, tell us your comical tales of how you darling dc's changed and how to deal with it.
yoyo123

Re: From Angels to Monsters

Post by yoyo123 »

wine and a good dentist for when you have ruined your teeth by clenching them....
katel

Post by katel »

My dd got on the bus in the morning with her hair in plaits, and got off in the evening with it loose. And she had perfected the 'grammar school flick"!
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

yoyo123 wrote:and a good dentist for when you have ruined your teeth by clenching them....
Oh I hate going to the dentist so wine seem the only option here :D
Impossible is Nothing.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

how about signing up to regular deliveries of wine from a wine club starting when DC is 12 years 11 months old. Not, you realise, to lay down to mature for sprogs future consumption but to keep the parents sane...
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

advice from a very wise neighbour , when Miss Yoyo was just under ( and her son was 17).

Remember it's just a phase they are going through...so make the most of it because the next one is even worse...

Yours
mother of a seventeen year old boy
of Kent
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

I'm kinda trying to work with the theory that you have to be nice to your kids (despite what I'd really like to do :shock: :shock: ) because they get to decide your future in old age :lol: :lol: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Having said that, I could be led away from that path if dd proves to be a bigger handful than the previous two!
mystery

Post by mystery »

Katel, re. the hairdo on day 1, the schools you have used must be amazing. That kind of change ( and more) happened to one of my children in early primary, not year 7!
overpeck

Post by overpeck »

I thought I must comment on this.

Amazing how they turn into monsters uh sorry teenagers overnight.

At the start of this year it seemed to be row after row. Then all of a sudden a boy appeared on the scene and she has turned back into an angel. I am sure there are still some things I'd rather not know about. On the whole she has turned back into the nice person she used to be. The boys mum actually said that our daughter had been a good influence on him and I said ditto.
marigold

Post by marigold »

If that is what it takes, I will be signing my 16 year old up to an internet courting site today.