calday 2nd choice

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
WALAARSAM1

calday 2nd choice

Post by WALAARSAM1 »

Hi

Does anyone know if Calday filled up on 1st preferences will a high score get you a place if you put it 2nd
hi

245 no place

Post by hi »

We know someone who got 245 and is out of area and didn't get offered a place. It was his first choice.
Hopeful Den

Calady

Post by Hopeful Den »

Yes I believe some 1st choices were turned away this year-How far out of the area was the person that was turned down?
Denise
hi

calday

Post by hi »

About 9 miles from the school. Boys from this area got in last year.
Hopeful Den

Post by Hopeful Den »

I'm worrying now-we prefer Calday but we're 6 and a half miles away in Birkenhead. I'm now wondering whether Wirral at 3 and a half miles is a better choice.........I'm going to have year of worrying about this-starting to stress and it's only March!
Newbie But stressed

Post by Newbie But stressed »

In the school Manual (2008 applicants) you receive sometime in the summer it should give an indication of how many applied for 2007 intake, how many first choice and second choice where accepted.

Looks like Caldy was busy this year, but previous years have not been ands accepting second choice also.

If you put Caldy as your first choice then I would be very surprised if a person in Birkenhead was refused because of distance.

Unless of course the Wirral suddenly had boom of boys born 1996/97

Post by Guest »

I believe it has filled up with first preferences this year. We put it second and have not been offered a place even though our son has passed.
Newbie But Stressed

Post by Newbie But Stressed »

Anonymous wrote:I believe it has filled up with first preferences this year. We put it second and have not been offered a place even though our son has passed.
Did you get offered your preferred First Choice ? I'd be interested to know..

Post by Guest »

Newbie But Stressed wrote:
Anonymous wrote:I believe it has filled up with first preferences this year. We put it second and have not been offered a place even though our son has passed.
Did you get offered your preferred First Choice ? I'd be interested to know..
Yes we did.
wirral 11plus mum

Post by wirral 11plus mum »

Was it a Grammar school or local Comp ?

Are you happy with your First Choice ?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now