Appeal Judd

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
kentmum

Appeal Judd

Post by kentmum »

My son got 140, 140 and 123- NVR which he always found harder. He missed out/guessed loads of questions as the timing threw him. We tried for Judd and Skinners and got neither. He's generally academic and ironically, in different exam, he's got St Olave's- but it's much further away so was a last minute choice. Is there any point in appealing for Judd on these scores- could we use the St Olave's result to prove his ability as it's at least as hard to get into or is this irrelevant?
PaulR

Re: Appeal Judd

Post by PaulR »

kentmum wrote:My son got 140, 140 and 123- NVR which he always found harder. He missed out/guessed loads of questions as the timing threw him. We tried for Judd and Skinners and got neither. He's generally academic and ironically, in different exam, he's got St Olave's- but it's much further away so was a last minute choice. Is there any point in appealing for Judd on these scores- could we use the St Olave's result to prove his ability as it's at least as hard to get into or is this irrelevant?

I think you are very lucky to have these choices.
kentmum

Post by kentmum »

I know I am-reading this forum really makes me appreciate that. I'm sorry that my problem is minor compared to lots of other people on the forum but it's still a problem for me and there's nowhere else to go to find out. So any help or advice would be gratefully appreciated.
KentGuest

re:Appeal Judd

Post by KentGuest »

Kentmum,
The entry level for Judd this year was 412 combined. The score you have given will put you around between 220 and 230 on the waiting list. You will not get into Judd by this path as there are too many other people in front of you.

Your only other method is to appeal. To appeal on the basis that your son had a bad day is not going to work, history tells us. He would have had to have had a bereavement in the family, divorce or something else emotionally traumatic that you could call on. This would have to be coupled with very good sats results from year 3.

You need to ring the office at Judd and ask to speak to the head who will confirm what I have said.

St Olaves is an excellent school that I believe faired ever so slightly better in the recent tables than Judd.

Your best option, from the information given, is St Olaves IMHO.
guestkent

Post by guestkent »

Kentmum,

I think I saw somewhere that the cut-off for Skinners was 404, so you might have a chance of getting a place there.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for this- it's very helpful---am considering all options now..You're right about St Olave's- we're actually v lucky.
KentGuest

Post by KentGuest »

Judd cut off is not 404. Is definitely 412.
KentGuest

Post by KentGuest »

Oops, just re-read. Skinners was mentioned not Judd regards 404. Sorry!

I believe that cut off Skinners was indeed 404.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now