KECHB Gumshield arangements Y8+

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mike1880

KECHB Gumshield arangements Y8+

Post by mike1880 »

Hi, does any parent of boy going into CHB Y8+ know what the arrangements are for gumshields this year? It occurred to me this afternoon that I needed to do something about it, however asking Master 1880 whether they'd had any information produced the answer that yes, they'd been told something, but no, he couldn't remember what it was. Should have known better than to ask while he was watching Ice Station Zebra I suppose - might as well have asked the cat! :twisted:

Mike
um

Re: KECHB Gumshield arangements Y8+

Post by um »

To be honest I'm confused too - my son is going into Yr 7 at CH, I was just sorting (sorry, excavating) my papers when I found a leaflet about the gumshields that must have been given to me at some point.
It was virtually impossible to understand anything it was on about (maybe I need some sleep), but in between blathering on about how important fitted ones are for safety, etc etc, there was something about needing to register or we'll make it difficult for the school :?:

Sorry can't help Mike, but I am also confused .... while I'm on here, does anyone know how can I make sure my son has money in his 'account' to buy lunch in September?
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Can't answer for the dinner money I'm afraid, the system was different last year. Have you got login details for ParentPay? If so, you can pay online.

For gumshields you can either sort out your own through sports shop/uniform shop/dentist or you can order from the Opro website, it asks for son's name and school and they do a fitting day first week or two of term (I don't think the school knows who's supposed to turn up, by the way, so your son needs to knows they mean him when they call for boys for gumshield fitting!).

I'm going to assume the same applies to Y8 and order ours one - the orthodontist reckons Opro is overkill but I haven't time to mess about with anything else.

Mike
um

Post by um »

Thanks for the info, Mike, I have now been to the website and ordered it! I hope you manage to sort one for your son.

That's one thing off my 'to do' list. The array of colours to choose from is bewildering, but as he's not auditioning for Twilight, I've settled for 'clear'.
I have no recollection of ever being given parent pay details, but then I have no recollection of most of last year to be honest - brain cells only just starting to regrow now that baby is 1! Have any other parents got details of how to pay for lunch?
za1

Post by za1 »

Mike - I got this thing from Soccer World and it cost a fiver. You simply insert it in hot water and put it in your mouth to mould to the size of the mouth etc.

It does the trick. He used it last year. It's only kids rugby and they just need something solid in their mouth to avoid injury! As long as it fits - it's fine. It's only a fiver.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now