stopwatch in bucks tests?

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
stresspot

stopwatch in bucks tests?

Post by stresspot »

First, thank you to everyone, especially Patricia for all the advice that is on this forum. We only made the decision to move to Bucks a few months ago and have been overwhelmed by the whole 11 plus system. I am tutoring ds myself, as most tutors were fully booked by the time we got to them! The advice and recommendations on this forum have helped me no end. We are nowhere near confident that ds will pass yet but she has come a huge way in a short space of time.
One very minor q - are pupils generally allowed stopwatches in the actual tests? It would help a lot if they were, as ds becomes a bit obsessed with trying to work out how much time she has left in practice tests, so a watch may actually slow her down.
Any advice welcome!
patricia

Re: stopwatch in bucks tests?

Post by patricia »

She would not be allowed any watch that makes a noise.

I always recommend a child takes an analogue watch.

1] Just in case they cannot view a clock in the testing room.

2] So they can keep a eye on the time, without getting paranoid. They must understand that half time does NOT mean they should be on question 40. It is NOT the myth of 30 seconds per question. If the test brings up 2 sections of codes and the bracket maths in the first half, there is no way they will be on Q40

3] An analogue watch is helpful to visualize those Z questions involving time.

Patricia
stresspot

Re: stopwatch in bucks tests?

Post by stresspot »

Thanks patricia, I may try to get a clear wristwatch and try to dissuade her from checking it every minute!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now