6 weeks to go, what score should we be aiming for?

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
stresspot

6 weeks to go, what score should we be aiming for?

Post by stresspot »

Sorry, 2nd post on my first day!
We have been trying to prepare for the 11plus for the past couple of months, due to a late move to Bucks. The problem is, at the moment, we are getting about 68-69 out of the Susan Daughtrey series (Papers 5 and 8 tested).
This is a big improvement - a month ago we could only get through about 45 questions in the time given - but I'm now very concerned that we aren't on the 90% which people talk about on this forum.
Apart from vocab - - the rest of the inaccurate answers seem to be from random mistakes.

Is 90% what I should be aiming for, or more? My daughter has a May birthday.

Please help!

Advertising removed by a moderator
yogkruti

Re: 6 weeks to go, what score should we be aiming for?

Post by yogkruti »

Simple rules (in my opinion!) when preparing for 11+

a) Ignore statements from other parents which go "My DC scores xx% on YY papers...".
That's nice... but we just need to concentrate on our DC :)
You can, however, keep generic remarks from teachers/coaches or links to school admissions stats in the back
of your mind, just so that you are aware where you stand and what the potential improvement needs to be.

b) Ignore statements like "We get our DC to do nn papers per day" or "our goal is to reach level xx on zz"..
Again... you know your DC best and how he or she needs to be prep'd.
Of course, you should be fully engaged to do the research on what the preparation should entail and
what level of work needs to be done - by both yourself and your DC.
Some advice from teachers/coaches on this board is extremely valuable.. you just need to find the right

Good luck!