Surprised ...

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Milla

Surprised ...

Post by Milla »

... that there's not much blather about A Level results on here??? Or are they lurking in some bit of the forum that I've not yet found?
jemima

Re: Surprised ...

Post by jemima »

Some stuff on University. Congrats to all those who got what they wanted. Not easy times.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

It's all going on behind your back Milla!! :wink:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Herman is feeling a leetle anxious this evening. :oops: :roll: :shock: .... perhaps more so than Master Munster, but then I think he would make a good p-o-k-e-r player...,
jemima

Post by jemima »

LOL I didn't realise GCSE were tomorrow (too caught up in A level) even DD didn't realise. She is year 10 but has 5 results tomorrow. Guess at least we didn't over worry - but good job we came hom from long weekend today!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

usually they are the thursday after the A levels but they seem to be 2 days early this year! some relatives have just found out tooooo.......... :? I was hoping to keep quiet until results digested
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Good luck to Master Herman Munster. :wink:
Impossible is Nothing.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

And this
Gary Lineker, the BBC football presenter, has attacked Charterhouse school for failing to get his son into university.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... sults.html

That made me chuckle, he thought perhaps money would buy his son some brains. His son should have worked hard not partying hard. :roll:
But friends accused him of simply enjoying his social life too much when he should have been revising.

One said of his rant on the social networking site: ‘Just because your father is a celebrity it doesn’t mean you go [to university] automatically’.

In the past six months, the teenager has often been spotted partying at London nightspots such as celebrity favourite Mahiki – and stumbling out in the early hours.

He flew out to on a week-long holiday to Tenerife just weeks before his exams and enjoyed a fling with glamour model and ex-Big Brother contestant Sophie Reade, 22
Impossible is Nothing.
mystery

Post by mystery »

I found the whole thing quite amusing too. Isn't Charterhouse particularly choosey about its intake? Thought there were enough wealthy people around without having to take this boy in.
Milla

Post by Milla »

aaahh, university. OK, hadn't thought to look there.
Yes, poor George Lineker. How rotten; you pay all that money, go off partying all the time and mess up your exams. Outrageous.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now