Tiffin Girls exam date? december or january?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
doroty

Tiffin Girls exam date? december or january?

Post by doroty »

Hi everyone. I can't find the date for the exam in Tiffin Girl's website. My DD has been studing for a while now but I stiill can't find any info about Tiffin's exam date. As Tiffin boys changed their exam from Dec to January, I wonder if Tiffin Girls will do the same?
Shaftsbury1

Re: TIFFIN GIRLS EXAM DATE? december or january?

Post by Shaftsbury1 »

Hello doroty,

You are right,there is no mention of the date of the test on their site anywhere!

Have you sent in the supplementary form yet? Schools normally do send back details of the test after receiving the form.

Having said that i would strongly suspect the test is in January with the boys as they do sit the same test!

Hope that helps

Sh1
doroty

Post by doroty »

@Shaftsbury1

Hi...I haven't sent any form yet because they say in their web that they don't want any of them before September 1st.... A lot of rules for us to follow but they forgot to put something so important as the date of the exam! :roll: Anyway, I suppose they'll clarify this soon, after the holiday's break... I'd prefer first week of December as it used to be to be honest... I'd love to enjoy Christmas without thinking about VR and NVR exercises!!!

Poor DD! She is so anxious about this exams! Two in September, then Tiffin and then two more in January for the private options (our plan B)... and she is only 10... At her age I was in Year 4 (we start a year later in my country) and playing with dolls... no worries, just playing. I went to high School when I was 12 and the transition was so natural and "stressfull free"...
Sometimes I think that we are really missing the plot in this modern world. To keep the balance between trying to give them the best education without forgetting that they are only kids who need to play it's very difficult...
Not having "middle-priced" choices in the private sector (all of them so ridiculous expensive!) and having just a few good state high schools make us do crazy things really... At one point, I was so carried away that I was thinking about moving houses just to give her more chances in one of the schools... But what if she fails anyway, knowing that all the family moved houses/school/activities just for her? Because they know, they are not silly... Is that the kind of preassure that a 10 years old child should be coping with? It's just crazy...
Anyway, this is a long post for such a short questions, isn't it??? :lol: Let's see if we have any news about Tiffin soon...
runningmum

Post by runningmum »

On the list of important dates sent out to current pupils, it states that 6th January 2011 is 11+ day so i think it is safe to assume that the boys and girls schools will be holding their tests on the same date as usual.
doroty

Post by doroty »

Thank you :wink:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now