question about kegs first day friday

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
chelmsford dad

question about kegs first day friday

Post by chelmsford dad »

can anyone tell me if they need their p.e kit this friday and also what footwear is suitable for p.e white trainers or those kind of velcro pe shoes they have at primary?

also are football boots suitable for rugby and football?
moved

Re: question about kegs first day friday

Post by moved »

DS uses any trainers he likes. Colour irrelevant. Yes to footie boots being fine, we started with both in Y7 but only have football boots now. It may be different for the team though. DS isn't much of a rugby/football chap. Thanks for the reminder I need some new ones.
chelmsford dad

thanks

Post by chelmsford dad »

starting to panic now getting very close , swapping x box for homework isnt going to be easy :wink:
marigold

Post by marigold »

Hi Chelmsford Dad.

If you have a look at Tweetypies post on the last page of the KEGS /CCHS Questions thread she has copied an email she received from the school about what is needed next Friday.

It will not be a normal day so no PE kit required. I am glad she did so, as despite my son telling me they had been told they would not need any kit, he is time tabled for PE on a Friday and I would have insisted he lug the whole lot in.

Luckily our X box gave up the ghost in the first week of the holidays so we have had a virtually screen free summer. Wrestling the Skate board from him will be our problem. He can walk home from school through the park and past the skate ramps, so is already planning how to attach his skateboard to his back pack so he can do a few drop ins on his way home.
kegsteacher

Post by kegsteacher »

Chelmsford Dad (and other interested parties).

As has been mentioned, they won't need PE kit on the first day. Only year 7 and 12 (the 'new' years) are in on Friday. Year 7s spend the whole day with their form tutor getting to know each other, the geography of the school (I think one of the things they have to find out is my name; either that or there are 112 especially inquisitive boys!) and the various school procedures in a stress-free (or stress-diminished?) environment. They will play football (if that's their thing) at break and lunchtime and any boys on their own are picked up by a group at the prompting of staff if needs be.

One piece of advice: ensure that the bag can be identified by some means other than the name tag. They all look alike and some of the older boys find it funny to change the names around - as was done to them when they were new boys. That's about as bad as it gets from the older ones, actually!
onlyme

Post by onlyme »

Hello,

It is now less than a week to go... ds is so excited & so am I if truth be told. :)
BTW...
Does anyone know if the school canteen is operating on Friday?
I was intending to send ds with packed lunch for the day but I know he will not be happy with this if the canteen is open! :roll:

Roll on Friday... :D
kegsteacher

Post by kegsteacher »

Does anyone know if the school canteen is operating on Friday?
Yes, the school canteen will be open for business. Since it's Friday, it might well be Fish and Chips (only once a week since Jamie Oliver killed off unhealthy food).
onlyme

Post by onlyme »

Thanks for the information Kegsteacher...
My ds will be pleased... even if the food is of the 'healthy' variety! :mrgreen:
TP123

Post by TP123 »

Kegsteacher: thanks for the information, its very useful.

For those who didn't see my other response - here is what i received via email (and also available in the blue sheet about induction day):
“THE NEW TERM

The boys will start at KEGS on Friday, 3rd September 2010. We would be grateful if your son could arrive on the first day at 8.45 a.m. which is the normal registration time, as the school day is of normal length (i.e. 8.45 a.m. – 3.40 p.m.). Pupils should make their way to the main School Hall where Form Tutors will collect them. This will be a special induction day, and only Year 7 and Year 12 pupils will be in School. The pupils will not be following a normal timetable but should bring their copy of the timetable given to them in July, along with a pencil case, writing paper / pad and the ‘Welcome to KEGS’ booklet.

Could we please remind parents that they are requested not to drop off pupils in the car park but to use one of the nearby roads such as Cedar Avenue West.”
TP123

Post by TP123 »

Just to check - last minute as usual :roll: - when they say "Welcome to KEGS" pack do they mean the yellow book the boys got on induction day?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now