St Peters entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
turtleglos

St Peters entry

Post by turtleglos »

This is slightly away from 11 plus however I really need a little help. A friend of mine has a ds moving up in 2011, she wants him to go to St Peters as she went there as did the rest of her family,also she feels that it would suit her ds. I believe that it is really hard to get into(but am not sure as I havent considered it at all) because of the competition.
Does anyone know anything about the entrance procedures and level of competition for places please?
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
gloucestermum

Re: St Peters entry

Post by gloucestermum »

You are correct in that St Peters is not an easy school to get a place at.However,if you are a Catholic,go to a Catholic primary school and have done since the beginning of primary schooling then you should secure a place.

Your chances if you are not a practising Catholic are small.They do have a very strict admittance criteria-the school would be able to give tyou more details,and the 2011 entry booklet will be available soon to all year 6's.

GM
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

The 2011 admissions criteria for each school is now available-see below for St Peters criteria,which includes numbers admitted under each criteria in 2010.
Where applications for admission exceed the number of places available, the following criteria will be applied,
in the order set out below, to decide which children to admit: Number of children admitted in 2010 in
brackets.
Years 7 to 11
1. Children in Care ¹ who are Roman Catholic (written confirmation (eg a baptismal certificate) of
membership of the Roman Catholic Church will be required) (0)
2. Children who are Roman Catholic (written confirmation (eg a baptismal certificate) of membership of the
Roman Catholic Church will be required) (181)
3. Children in Care who are not Roman Catholic (2)
4. Children who are not Roman Catholic but have attended Roman Catholic primary schools since they
commenced primary education and who will have siblings ² continuing their education at St. Peter’s High
School and Sixth Form Centre at the time they join the School (6)
5. Children who are not Roman Catholic but will have siblings continuing their education at St. Peter’s High
School and Sixth Form Centre at the time they join the School (9)
6. Children who are not Roman Catholic but have attended Roman Catholic primary schools for at least four
years
7. Children who are not Roman Catholic but have attended Roman Catholic primary schools for less than
four years (3)
8. Children who are not Roman Catholic but are practising members of other Christian denominations,
whose parents/guardians are seeking a Christian education. In this context, ‘practising’ is taken to
mean that the child worships in a named place of worship/parish and is known to the relevant minister
of religion. Written confirmation from the minister of religion to this effect should accompany the
Supplementary Information Form when it is sent to St Peter’s (15)
9. Children who are not Roman Catholic but are seeking a Christian education (2)
10. Other children (0)
¹ In this context this means children who are in the care of the LA as defined by section 22 of
the Children Act 1989 and where the LA confirms that he or she will be in public care when he or
she is admitted to the school.
² St Peter’s uses the DCSF and LA definition of sibling as follows: a brother or sister, half brother or
sister, adopted brother or sister, step brother or sister, or the child of the parent/carer’s partner, and
in every case, the child must be living in the same family unit at the same address.
turtleglos

Post by turtleglos »

Thank you guys, thats what I thought! I will pass on the details and hope that she gets everything in place. On a plus note her ds meets most of the criteria so hopefully it will be ok.
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now