Good Luck

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
doodles

Good Luck

Post by doodles »

Good Luck to all our DS's starting out on the exciting new journey that is seconday school. I hope they will all thrive and enjoy this new adventure.

DS1 is getting excited now - alternating with apprehension too. Can't believe that by this time next week he will be about to start the whole thing properly. It is so exciting for all of us but it will be funny not knowing what he is doing or where he is - think I knew all the rooms of the old school and therefore where he was and what he was doing.

Off into the big wide world .......... a journey for us all.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL
Snowdrops

Re: Good Luck

Post by Snowdrops »

Oh my, I remember dd's first day last year, I was more nervous than she was!

Good luck to all those starting over the next week or so, it's a very exciting new adventure for you all - enjoy it!!

............... and for all the mums, there's a drink of your choice available at the bar - one each only though! :lol:
Maybelle

Post by Maybelle »

Yes, I'd like to second that - Good Luck To All! :D

It's a bit like house hunting :shock: ... You will approach every viewing with an open mind. Some you will rule out at first sight... Some may impress and you will investigate the local area (buses, etc)... Then, when you have quite exhausted yourself - at least one (but hopefully two) will overwhelm you! That is when your journey really begins and you refer to "your school" - long before your DC is due to attend! :D
Inside of every mother is a school girl wondering what the *ell just happened???
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

I'm with 'Doodles' ... GOOD LUCK to all our DCs :D as they start their new journey into secondary school!!!

My DDs journey begins this Friday :shock: - everything now bought and I'm in the process of naming all the items :roll: Already when thinking of that first day (we've all been there and know that feeling!!!) my stomach is in knots ... although on the outside looking 'calm and cool 8) '

Wishing all our DCs an enjoyable (if busy!!!) time at their new school x x x
Heartmum x x x
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

I am soooo excited for them, can't wait :D Heartmum, how come AHS start of Friday? AGS start on Thursday, assumed they would be the same?!

Hope all the little fella's and ladies have a fab first day :)
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

DC is so excited. Starts this wednesday. All packed and ready to go. Just hope enjoys - good luck to all.
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

DS starts at the grammar school of his choice and DD goes to school for the first time next Monday and it's all going haywire. :oops: How do I get him to the bus stop extremely early when she'll still be asleep and hubby is at work at the other end of the country? Why does bus timetable have to change on the first day of term!! :roll: Will DS take lunch money, should DD take a pencil case (according to DS apparently not); what do we put in DS's pencil case :lol: should he take his PE kit on the first day just in case; could she wear a summer dress or will all of the others be in winter stuff? At this rate I'll prob. end up ironing her name tapes into his clothes!! All the time smiling manically/reassuringly? at them both murmuring how exciting it's all going to be. :lol:
Very good luck to all of our DCs. :D
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

All the best to your DCs :D

I feel quite envious of you whilst we are sitting here nerveously still navigating through the 11+ maze with tests in 2 weeks time.
Impossible is Nothing.
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

Me an dd are both a little nervous - she starts on thurs - very early! When dd1 started in 2006 it was a lovely sunny morning - am hoping this will be too.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL and lets hope we dont all worry too much -

good luck to your dd sherry - im sure it will all go well :)
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

My daughter starts at her new school a week on Wednesday and that's the end of our schooling drama for now until options for GCSEs (assuming there are no dramas along the way).
Good luck to all the other children starting soon.