Last minute Tips

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tiredmum

Last minute Tips

Post by tiredmum »

I want to wish all your DC's luck with the upcoming tests.

Having had two DD's go through the test i thought i'd write my top 3 tips:

1) With the writing test tell your child to read ALL the question twice!
It is soooo important they understand what they are being asked to do. I know actual children who scored virtually zero for this test as their child wrote a newspaper report instead of a story or a story instead of a letter.

2) If you have home tutored make sure your child has no doubts about how to fill in the answer sheet and tell them
to mark CLEARLY and firmly - a computer marks the test so the reader needs to be able to pick up the dash your child has marked.

3) Keep calm and normal on the week running up to the test. Make sure all normal rountines are applied the night before so your child sleeps well - and make sure they have something for breakfast - id say whatever they like really. dd2 had beans and scrabbled eggs on toast ! :lol: but this is her fav.

Good luck
medwaymum

Re: Last minute Tips

Post by medwaymum »

Totally agree with Tired Mum's advice...also would like to add that it can help (if you're child is nervous) to car share with another child and parent on the way to the test. I did this with both my children and I'm sure they felt reassured being with another child going through the same experience - you know what children are like, they arrived giggling and smiling rather than looking a tad green....

Good luck to you all.
sherry_d

Re: Last minute Tips

Post by sherry_d »

Sure I am in Kent but doing Medway too and DD test centre is at the Sir Joseph Maths School.
Impossible is Nothing.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now